• 2 Post By Arik
  • 1 Post By techno

Thread: Please help with my studies!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question Please help with my studies!

Hello everyone!

I have a subject called special weapons, and we were learning about a romanian AK variant, the M65. The teacher, who is a soldier has no idea why the grip is made with a normal and a reversed version. The one who can answer that question gets an A grade. I hope that one of you know the answer and can help me.

Thank you,
    Gergely Ambrus
    njkalashnikov and boatma1 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 13l4cks1d3 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have a subject called special weapons, and we were learning about a romanian AK variant, the M65. The teacher, who is a soldier has no idea why the grip is made with a normal and a reversed version. The one who can answer that question gets an A grade. I hope that one of you know the answer and can help me.

Thank you,
    Gergely Ambrus
    They used the backward facing grip on the M65 so the buttstock portion of the folding stock would clear the grip when folded up.
    Last edited by njkalashnikov; 03-29-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    boatma1 likes this.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    630 times
    The reversed version is made for the Md65 so the folding stock can go around the grip into its folded position.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    630 times
    Beat me to it!
    njkalashnikov likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4444 times
    Note that the earliest md65 rifles had a lower hand guard without a grip that extended downwards, but by the late 1960s they had the "reverse" grip that allowed clearance for the folding stock. The md.65 rifle never came with the forward-slanted lower handguard grip, that was used on the fixed stock md63 and later fixed and side-folding stock (not under-folding) iterations of the rifle.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Im assuming hes meaning why did they go with the forward grip in the first place and not just the backwards.... Which is something i always kind of wondered my self. Im assuming the angle away from you allows better control in FA since its allowing to actually pull down more? Like the best way to force something down is doing so by the top pushing down, if that makes any sense.

Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    I never understood why the tommy gun had that angle. It does not make sense to me for the grip to have that angle if the muzzle climb (front end) is rising in front of you. It would make sense for the angle to be opposite, therefore its allowing you to hold that upwards force better and have more control of it...

Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    Anybody here ever shoot a full auto with both style grips and notice if the forward allows better control like my theory?? I never have, so im not sure... It just makes sense given the characteristics of a gun.. Butt stock which is the end of the object to your shoulder, furthest end of the object being the muzzle is rising up on a angle. You cant stand in front of the gun to force it down or on the side or by holding the muzzle/end of barrel its self. So therefore you would want to pull towards you where you would want to be pushing if it was possible.... Then there is the fact that the Rommy used the older style folding stock with the angle, so it would make sense that if their standard rifles were being adopted with a grip, it would be best to have a grip on a underfolder with that angle. Which makes me wonder why they went with that angle underfolder to begin with.
    Last edited by AK47(AngelKing)AK74; 03-29-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    8772 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47(AngelKing)AK74 View Post
    I never understood why the tommy gun had that angle. It does not make sense to me for the grip to have that angle if the muzzle climb (front end) is rising in front of you. It would make sense for the angle to be opposite, therefore its allowing you to hold that upwards force better and have more control of it...
    I think the point of it was that you used it in front of you while sweeping the trenches from the top. You weren't shouldering it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I think the point of it was that you used it in front of you while sweeping the trenches from the top. You weren't shouldering it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Right, how itís intended to be held. I want to go to AK school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    321 times
    True! Makes sense for the tommy gun in that case, honestly did not consider that

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47(AngelKing)AK74 View Post

I would say it was a nod toward esthetics as well,, being that the class of gun was still early in it's development

the Boye's rifle grip is the one that is a real head scratcher
    Last edited by 6526; 03-30-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors