Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Bump to revive the thread.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Justin still makes the AIMR hider in nitride and raw.

20170803_154418.jpg
    20170914_210709.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    Someone lend me a stock, get 50x pre orders at $400 each with $100 down and I'll have them ready in 6 months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2244 times

FOR INTEREST ONLY - AIMR folding stock second JMAC run

What years are these correct for? I don't have any interest in one, just curious.

Frank, a WTB ad would save you ALOT of trouble. Use your current kit/parts inventory to your advantage.

I keep a list of all my current gear, and a list of the kits/parts I want. Many many times I have traded something I wanted for something that I had to have. I used to endlessly be on a mad dash/hunt for this part or that part. Now I just lay back and wait for them to pop up vs try to spend as much money as possible to make it happen.

I started enjoying this hobby alot more after I stopped trying to make things happen vs let them happen. With the paint being the exception to this because I had to make that happen since no one was doing it right.

I hope that made sense. Also, once you build the kits you have your NEED to have every single variation fades fast.

Case in point, I build a Tantal and sell my spare kit. I build my AIMS74, and sell my spare kit, etc etc. Just trying to share my observations after my brief time in the "game".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Thanks Chris, Great feedback/advice. For this thread, I actually found the stock 4-5 months ago, so I never pursued this any further, but if someone else wants to run with this one, be my guest, would love to see another run of these.

Yea Chris, I need to start building...but with my new job, I have NO TIME. None. Everything I am doing is getting ready to be gone for 9 mos next spring. Work and family are taking all my time...and fixing up our new house...not time for my hobby, except to acquire the last few parts I want/need. I tried you approach a couple months back with a WTB add, and knocked a few things off my list. My problem is that once I get something I want, I rarely let go...very rarely. Most of the items I want/need now are more likely to come from the motherland than back here...have a few sources looking, but those particular rifles/accessories will be VERY pricey so I am OK with them not finding what I am looking for right away.

Thanks brother
    r/

Frank

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pinakar View Post
    Someone lend me a stock, get 50x pre orders at $400 each with $100 down and I'll have them ready in 6 months.
    I've got an original, it's not a very comfortable gun to shoot, it actually makes a crutchfolder seem nice. There's a lot of machining going into this stock between the trunnion, and what all needs to be done to the buttstock. 2 years ago when Jmac was building them I don't think he even broke even on them at $300 as far as billable labor to sales, his run was 50 stocks I think.
    Unless you scale up and run a couple hundred of them you'd prob want to charge more like $500 to make any profit for your time, and at that point the demand for them is going to be low.

My original is on a draco converted by Two Rivers, I'm going to move it over to a pm90 kit. The other couple pm90s I have are going to be built with regular side folders, either a button or a lever depending on the year of the kit.

OP A WTB thread on akfiles with an offer of $500 would more than likely bring a stock out of the woodwork for you, last 2 that sold on there went for $425.
    Some of you are too young to remember this but back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we threw it into the trees of our enemies.

WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

Member #
    Liked
    2244 times
    I like that idea. Pm 90 kit, machine that front sight block some and build on that.

What year are they correct for? I like the under folder variant more than the side folder.

WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Member #
    Liked
    7961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    I like that idea. Pm 90 kit, machine that front sight block some and build on that.

What year are they correct for? I like the under folder variant more than the side folder.

The only pictures I have seen of short rifles with theses stock are from the December 1989 Romanian revolution and one or two pictures of a Romanian border or other type of guard. I think there was some Romanian catalog that had photos of them - published in the late 1990's. They always seem to be 7.62x39.

I have yet to see an original deact or live rifle picture up close where we get to see trunnion markings. It stands to reason that these stocks are a pre-1989 thing, but hard to say.

If cloning one it seems that 1987 through 1990 Romanian trunnions - let alone matching kits - are pretty dang hard to find in the United States.

So glad that 9 years ago on a kit buying spree Apex gave a choice of 1970's date or 1980's date. I added exactly one 1980's date kit to the cart - my matching intact barrel 1989 Sadu. I didn't appreciate it at first but now it is in the "don't sell unless MPiKM-72 is dead" pile.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I think the stock project was much more work than Justin expected and might not have been worthwhile. I doubt he would do it again, at least not for the $300 price. He's making the flash hider again?
    Dont know about JMAC and the brake, but ak103.com has them now. I'm trying to get some adapters made for my SAR. It would be nice if they could do a run of those, too.
    All Wars are Bankers' Wars

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. You are a den of vipers and thieves."

- Andrew Jackson

Member #
    Liked
    891 times
    The AIMS/SAR adapters would be much more likely to be run again. Agree that the AIMR stocks probably did not produce much profit. I know Justin was working tons of hours with the CNC shop on those, and there were delays (which can be expected).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors