AK Newbie Questions about my 1st AK47....... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: AK Newbie Questions about my 1st AK47.......

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    DSCN4694.jpeg

I remember we had a member here who made a really nice set that looked pretty close. Can't remember who though.

Edit- It was Nachtjager. Added a picture of his work I found online..
    Last edited by Katana; 07-28-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    Christopher67 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    DSCN4694.jpeg

I remember we had a member here who made a really nice set that looked pretty close. Can't remember who though.

Edit- It was Nachtjager. Added a picture of his work I found online..

That is beautiful!
    Katana likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Ok i shot 120 rounds of Tula through it & it ate them up and spit them out with zero issues, i wasn't really sighting it in. I did noticed at 25yds it was shooting to the right a little bit & i think my from sight is canted to the right a little, what do you guys consider a little & a lot lol? My wife says im anal about things & a little would be a lot to me haha! Whats the best/easiest was to tell for sure IF my sight is canted one way or the other, other then looking down the barrel ect.... ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3678 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    Ok i shot 120 rounds of Tula through it & it ate them up and spit them out with zero issues, i wasn't really sighting it in. I did noticed at 25yds it was shooting to the right a little bit & i think my from sight is canted to the right a little, what do you guys consider a little & a lot lol? My wife says im anal about things & a little would be a lot to me haha! Whats the best/easiest was to tell for sure IF my sight is canted one way or the other, other then looking down the barrel ect.... ?
    Zero the rifle. The front sight post location will tell the tale. You can visually look down the sight line at the barrel components but this is not a true indication of where the POA and POI will coincide.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Zero the rifle. The front sight post location will tell the tale. You can visually look down the sight line at the barrel components but this is not a true indication of where the POA and POI will coincide.
    Thanks i will do that. I was thinking about contacting Two Rivers Arms index.html & seeing what they would charge to go over my WASR-10 to make sure everything was straight(because im anal about my sights being straight lol). But i will zero it before going down that road. Thanks!
    Last edited by Christopher67; 08-05-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Apologies if someone posted this earlier in the thread.

That emerald Legion wood is interesting and IF I had lots money to burn, why not add it to the mountainous parts stash?

However, this guy did it on the cheap and it looks just as good or better than the Legion set, in my humble opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Tg7xsJYP0

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gmckenna321 View Post
    Apologies if someone posted this earlier in the thread.

That emerald Legion wood is interesting and IF I had lots money to burn, why not add it to the mountainous parts stash?

However, this guy did it on the cheap and it looks just as good or better than the Legion set, in my humble opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Tg7xsJYP0

I like the green on his wood, very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3678 times
    Thanks i will do that. I was thinking about contacting Two Rivers Arms index.html & seeing what they would charge to go over my WASR-10 to make sure everything was straight(because im anal about my sights being straight lol). But i will zero it before going down that road. Thanks!
    You are way over thinking this. Relax., shoot and evaluate. Not likely it will need anything. No sense anticipating a $160 trip to a smith and a two month wait etc.
    Sopater likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    You are way over thinking this. Relax., shoot and evaluate. Not likely it will need anything. No sense anticipating a $160 trip to a smith and a two month wait etc.
    Haha i knew you'd say that, i could always have them duracoat it while its there, i don’t mind waiting LOL.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Haha i knew you'd say that, i could always have them duracoat it while its there, i don’t mind waiting LOL.
    AKBLUE has a strong point. With all the hooraw about canted front sights, it's easy to imagine a cant...I've seen AKs where the sight was canted as far as 11 or 1 o'clock. You can get an AK sight tool cheap and zero it yourself with some enjoyable range time--AND, you get to know your rifle that much better. There are several YouTube videos showing how to zero.
    My WASR seems to be a smidge off, but I simply hold Kentucky windage

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    AKBLUE has a strong point. With all the hooraw about canted front sights, it's easy to imagine a cant...I've seen AKs where the sight was canted as far as 11 or 1 o'clock. You can get an AK sight tool cheap and zero it yourself with some enjoyable range time--AND, you get to know your rifle that much better. There are several YouTube videos showing how to zero.
    My WASR seems to be a smidge off, but I simply hold Kentucky windage
    I hear what you're saying, i don’t believe mine is off by much, its just me LOL! I’m ordering a AK sight tool from Midway USA, if im right & its off a smidge i gotta get it fixed that’s just how iam lmao.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I hear what you're saying, i don’t believe mine is off by much, its just me LOL! I’m ordering a AK sight tool from Midway USA, if im right & its off a smidge i gotta get it fixed that’s just how iam lmao.
    I do know that feeling! After reading all the comments about canted sights, I start 'seeing' the tiniest bit of cant on my rifle--or is it my imagination??

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    As a person who does their own gunsmithing the best advice I can give you is leave all the springs stock and if replaced use the oem poundage no need for oversized in 99% of cases. Get a good front sight tool to adjust both the post and slider, must have tool for all AKs. Learn, shoot and study the gun very carefully before changing or buying anything for it. Learn iron sights first, most of my guns don't have glass on them.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    That St. Patties day furniture is pretty ugly and pricey IMHO.
    That's what I was thinking. Looks like those AKs need some dramamine...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors