new guy in the polish scene...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

new guy in the polish scene...

well i put my first payment down on a polish tantal ak 74 on saturday, i cant wait to get it. its got the wire side folding stock and has a gray finish. anything i should know before i take it to the range?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    you should know that you are going to fall in love with it, wz88's are very nice.
    CNY Sea Kayak Champ!!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Whose Tantal is it? CAI? Lancaster? Interarms?

I have the Interarms version and love it. Shoots and operates great! Showed it to my dad who was a Polish soldier inWWI and he loved it for it's functionality and accuracy after he shot it!

Don't forget to post a pic of it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The best Tantal you can get is a kit built on a NDS-2T receiver by Overland Industries. Gary and Co. will do it right and will finish it in BLACK GunKote. The left side selector switch is there and "works" and looks good, but for some reason the rifle always stays in "semi" mode.

A gray parkerized Tantal just isnt cool.

Installing tacti-coolio gadgets on an AK is like taping a PC memory stick to the outside of a typewriter.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have to diagree with the above post. The person that built my Tantal did his in both black and gray park. That turned out very nice and I like it more than the glossy gunkote.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    picked it up today its an interarm wz-88 on an armory reciever. it is gray park ( personal opinion ) it is a solid rifle. double hook no left side selector, cant always have it all. it is a beast comparing it to my wasr 10. i am going to get rid of the wasr now seems like a waste of time when at the 150 yard range i put 30 rounds within 5 1/2 inches on the first day out no keyholing, no misfeeds, smoothest trigger on any ak i have ever pulled. cool is in the eye of the beyholder gray sets it apart being different isnt always cool plus i know my mags from my friends ak mags and no screw ups. i really put it to the test today fired 500 rounds and bump fired an entire 30 round mag on the first try, with all 30 rounds in one pull simply outstanding imho. im the first ak74 guy around (in my group of shooting buddies) im sold on it. granted the wasr is the lower end of 47's it still couldnt compare to the accuracy, fun, and uniqueness of this rifle. im no ak expert but i do know what i like and expect from my firearms and the wz88 tantal has delivered. good price, fun gun, and causes alot of talk around the range. i will not mod this gun for anything ill leave well enough alone. thanks for the input guys.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ill get a pic next time i go shooting i have to keep it in the armory as i live in military dorms..... haha they hated when i took it in without the bolt, no free shooting for the armory security forces.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ffoegreen
    ill get a pic next time i go shooting i have to keep it in the armory as i live in military dorms..... haha they hated when i took it in without the bolt, no free shooting for the armory security forces.
    That's a wise move and one I should have done in the Marines, when handing in my WWII M1 carbine to the base armory. When I transfered to Arizona, that thing looked liked it had seen WWIII as well, with a cracked stock. Not a dam thing I could do about either. To this day, I firmly believe they shot that thing everyday for the 4 months of my duty there.
    Those who have crossed
    With direct eyes, to death’s other Kingdom
    Remember us—

T.S. Eliot

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors