Bowman Arms new shipment of Polish rifles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bowman Arms new shipment of Polish rifles

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I received my kit. Looks good. All wood and has the circle 11 still.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg19u3 View Post
    I received my kit. Looks good. All wood and has the circle 11 still.
    Did you get the fixed stock or underfolder? Any chance for some pics? Thinking about getting one of these
    Interested in PLO kits and other rarities

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    They went on sale awfully fast
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    604 times
    The photos on Gunbroker look rough and miss matched could these have been from the Balkans? They sure are not direct from Poland's spares. Bowman is a great guy to do business with. But these guns are not for the collector.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    I'd really like to see pics if anyone get sone. Its tempting cause I've missed the boat on Polish kits in the past, but man they look pretty rough for the money. But yeah also it makes me wonder where these are from too. Interesting it says that the Circle 11 may be milled off as typical of export rifles. I've never seen a Polish rifle or kit with the Circle 11 removed before.
    Interested in PLO kits and other rarities

Member #
    Liked
    1136 times
    They cost almost as much as a brand new kit.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Where are you guys seeing these kits, does Bowman have a site or is this gunbroker?

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Nomenclature is bugging me on his kits. Anyway, he has his AKMS kits, made in Poland, on sale this week for $600. These have had the factory scrubbed from the trunion.

Kits look like they had never been fired, but with the trunion scrubbed there'd be no appeal to me personally.

To the last poster, he sells on Gunbroker and posts on Weapons Guild. Has a Facebook page as well. Don't have to take part in an auction on them, just contact his sales department
    Last edited by davehal9000; 05-20-2020 at 08:09 AM.
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org

Member #
    Liked
    7956 times
    I finally found the link on gunbroker last night. The gas piston looked like the chrome had been removed. Weird.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    322 times
    I was thinking the example underfolder must have been refurbished with black paint. The piston looks black and the milled out section of the trunnion looks black as well.

Member #
    Liked
    322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000 View Post
    Nomenclature is bugging me on his kits. Anyway, he has his AKMS kits, made in Poland, on sale this week for $600. These have had the factory scrubbed from the trunion.

Kits look like they had never been fired, but with the trunion scrubbed there'd be no appeal to me personally.

To the last poster, he sells on Gunbroker and posts on Weapons Guild. Has a Facebook page as well. Don't have to take part in an auction on them, just contact his sales department
    Per the email it looks like the special price is $495 on the underfolder.

I am very curious about these (especially the fixed stock) but probably too rich for my blood since I already have a couple good examples.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    The photos on Gunbroker look rough and miss matched could these have been from the Balkans? They sure are not direct from Poland's spares. Bowman is a great guy to do business with. But these guns are not for the collector.
    The factory markings being sanitized from the trunnions sure is a clue that these guns were in the Balkans at one point in time.
    Years ago these was an article about a huge shipment of AK's that after the war were bought up by a broker in the UK.
    They detailed every movement the shipment made, to include a large lot that went to Africa from the UK and another lot that Century Arms and Cole Distributing imported to the USA as parts kits.
    I think it was Gary Hyde that had them in the UK, but then he went to jail for illegal activities.
    These probably came from some European broker who bought the assets of that company.
    AZAK likes this.
    Sledge
    "Ake Ake Kia Kaha e"

Member #
    Liked
    2156 times
    I hate Facebook, but I went in there to see if there were any better photos of the underfolders. Nope, not good photos but here they are in case anyone canít find them.

They sure were nice before the demil. Not sure what kind of lunatic paints a hard-chromed gas piston.

Member #
    Liked
    1575 times
    Its a broken record topic but, having to cut those mint barrels is fucking stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors