how many guys have Polish cutaway trainers or red stripe trainers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: how many guys have Polish cutaway trainers or red stripe trainers

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Thanks for posting the photos It is no surprise that it is not matching where it was taken from service for a school rifle, Yours is first I have seen with welded bolt face. I have seen one with counter bored firing pin hole and shortened firing pin. And others with just shortened firing pin. Very good collectors piece I would think any real collector would want it. They are not common
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    so far no examples have shown up of a TE serial number so no idea yet what year they are.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    FWIW, Robertrtg is selling Polish milled handguards and grip sets ($70) and some of them are red stripe like the set I recently got:

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/A...R-345p6327.htm

I installed my set on a SAM7-UF and it looks and feels way better than the black plastic junk that came on it. If you specifically want a red stripe set I'm sure they will accommodate you since they are packaged in clear plastic. My set was in awesome condition and included a gas tube (S 0528).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    Finally got a photo of how the school training rifles are marked this can be electric pencil marked or stamped
    I've never saw the inscription of "SZKOLNY" on a trainer AKS but I'm not sure that I've ever looked one.
    I'll try to check it on thoese that we got here.

It could be added in the unit or by zib-militaria.

Member #
    Liked
    358 times

here are some photos I have

Rob Stott is the one that told me that is how they are marked There are a couple versions Zib evidently bought some of them from their suppliers. they can be found with SKOLNY or SKOLNA
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    I think that these which are in my battalion aren't marked.
    And as I know it should be "SZKOLNY" - we mark some things with that kind of inscription and "SZKOLNA" is inncorrect imho - that's why I think that it isn't factory made inscription but I could be incorrect about that - I need to check it.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    I've checked few books/manuals and there is mention about marking training ammunition - so I think the same will be about guns:

Why I'm sure that it would be the same about guns - because there is mention about red band which we could see also on "SZKOLNY" AKS:

EDIT:
    the inscription could be added later in unit or armories or by the seller.
    Last edited by KAPRAL-POLAND; 11-17-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    2022 times
    I could see the markings being added after the fact at the armorer level. But all the Polish trainers I have seen were all with a special serial number range....

Zib didn't add the markings either. If anything, that reduces the collector value. I have seen the piles of the trainer AKS47s sitting in Zib's supplier in Austria. They are all marked the same. Remember, Zib is just a reseller, and are the most well known because they have a fancy, website. All the live guns and required deactivation (if any) is/was done by a place in Austria that also supplies other resellers in Europe.

The trainer "Tantal", the marking looks like it was done before finishing, and the same pantograph machine that was used for the serial number.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    I'm only concerned about "szkolnY" which supposed to be correct and "szkolnA" which in my oppinion is incorrect but could be added by someone else.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    2022 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPRAL-POLAND View Post
    I'm only concerned about "szkolnY" which supposed to be correct and "szkolnA" which in my oppinion is incorrect but could be added by someone else.

Granted it's google, but szkolna comes up as "classroom".

Other Polish-English dictionaries (to include Cambridge's), szkolna is missing as a stand alone word, but is in it as an expander. Like "school bag". Szkolna could be the shorted version.

There is 0 incentive to add szkolna to a rifle, except when done "officially" if that makes sense. Putting rifles into storage, and you want to make them identifiable when they could be lost among a pile of 1000 similar AKS47s? OK.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    SZKOLNA = femine.
    SZKOLNY = masculine.

Polish language is more complicated than you think.
    For egsample:
    https://preview.redd.it/nlwb1nasop32...=webp&a57667bf

or the word "two":
    dwa,
    dwaj,
    dwoje,
    dwie,
    and more and more.
    zteknik likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    852 times
    I have a couple of red stripe kits, both are "C" serno IIRC, in storage ATM but Ill get you some pics when i unpack em at first of the year.
    "Never thought I'd say this, but that's a real nice pair you got there Jeff." - Fiorentino

Member #
    Liked
    3069 times
    Not my auction, but a cool addition if you got the coin
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845028523

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Laughing !! It was the same with Vietnamese language how you say the word is the meaning

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Very nice setup you have! Quite a collection and storage/safe
    Quote Originally Posted by howiebearse View Post
    I have a underfolder cut away and red stripe underfolder and full stock on the way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors