AOA has matching WZ88 kits
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AOA has matching WZ88 kits

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Lightbulb AOA has matching WZ88 kits

Saw this on facebook. Seems like a good price considering non matching ones are around the same price. I know AK builder has the chromed lined barrels too. I read the the Polish MOD stopped selling weapons overseas as of just recently. Has anyone else heard that rumor??

Polish Tantal WZ.88 Part Set with Side Folder Stock & Accessories
    If I had to go to a planet..an unknown planet, and I was allowed to take one firearm, it would be an AK-47.

Discovery Channel's top 10 Combat rifles

Always looking for quality BFPU items

Looking for a 1984 and 1985 dated numbers matching AK kits. Country of orgin not specific!!

Member #
    Liked
    4414 times
    I think Robert bowman still has some for 250 but I don't knw if they complete like the ones at aoa
    not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7.62 View Post
    I think Robert bowman still has some for 250 but I don't knw if they complete like the ones at aoa
    The kits Robert is selling are parts matching, come with the bipod, stripper clips, sling and a mag.
    "Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms."

-Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    What's up with the rear stub? It's not original to the kit. There's no selector hole.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral_Malice View Post
    What's up with the rear stub? It's not original to the kit. There's no selector hole.
    Looks like it's still there, just torched. Looks like you can make out the letters if the pic were a little clearer.

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Who is this Robert Bowman...link?
    "Asked what the 250,000 Swiss militiamen would do if invaded by a half million German soldiers, a Swiss replied: shoot twice and go home."

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrad View Post
    Who is this Robert Bowman...link?
    He is a vendor on The AK Files, here is the link to his ad there. WTS: TANTAL kits, $249.95 each, getting low - The AK Files Forums

He is also sells on Gunbroker. Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com
    Last edited by sim97fan3; 09-28-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    "Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms."

-Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    Thanks
    "Asked what the 250,000 Swiss militiamen would do if invaded by a half million German soldiers, a Swiss replied: shoot twice and go home."

Member #
    Liked
    2041 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UTTAS View Post
    Saw this on facebook. Seems like a good price considering non matching ones are around the same price. I know AK builder has the chromed lined barrels too. I read the the Polish MOD stopped selling weapons overseas as of just recently. Has anyone else heard that rumor??
    Where'd you read that? Did one of the guys selling kits say it?

Frankly, I'm surprised there are still any Tantals left to be sold and I suppose this could easily be the last we see, but if I ever heard a vendor say "yeah, plenty more where this came from" instead of "Last Chance! Buy Now!" I would faint.
    Last edited by Richard W.; 09-29-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Looks like it's still there, just torched. Looks like you can make out the letters if the pic were a little clearer.
    I see it now. That poor thing is torched worse than mine was. Wouldn't want us to be able to see those markings we might get all excited and revolt. I had a hard time stopping myself when my stub had most of the markings.
    22many likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8424 times
    I've been torn on these tantal kits. The Robert bowman ones especially. One part of my says "these are nice numbers matching kits with accessories for super cheap!" But the other part tells me "hey dumbass, you sold your tantals because you hated them!"

So, do I buy or not? Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know your guys answer but I have issues buying a kit that I won't build.

My love for AKs has me torn.

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    Just get one and hang it on the wall. I'm tempted to get another here soon because mine doesn't match and I've never been satisfied with the way it came out after I had to redo the selector markings. Plus, I'm having a hell of a time getting the fcg group to cooperate in it. I've even been messing with the original thinking it would help, but it's really rough. I'm thinking it may be an issue with my receiver at this point.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
    Where'd you read that? Did one of the guys selling kits say it?

Frankly, I'm surprised there are still any Tantals left to be sold and I suppose this could easily be the last we see, but if I ever heard a vendor say "yeah, plenty more where this came from" instead of "Last Chance! Buy Now!" I would faint.
    I read it on the Robert Bowman posting. Just seeing if any other sources have heard that or isolated rumor?? I really want to get one, I don't have a Tantal and love all my 74's!!
    If I had to go to a planet..an unknown planet, and I was allowed to take one firearm, it would be an AK-47.

Discovery Channel's top 10 Combat rifles

Always looking for quality BFPU items

Looking for a 1984 and 1985 dated numbers matching AK kits. Country of orgin not specific!!

Member #
    Liked
    749 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    I've been torn on these tantal kits. The Robert bowman ones especially. One part of my says "these are nice numbers matching kits with accessories for super cheap!" But the other part tells me "hey dumbass, you sold your tantals because you hated them!"

So, do I buy or not? Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know your guys answer but I have issues buying a kit that I won't build.

My love for AKs has me torn.
    My exact situation. LOL.
    22many likes this.
    Howling Byzantine Uncivilized Barbarian

Member #
    Liked
    2095 times
    Guys this isn't an isolated rumor, there are others that buy over seas that say the guns are drying up in Poland. Especially the 7.62x39

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WTB/WTT:
    Rare/unique original barrel kits
    Russian Barrels
    East German Barrels
    I have rare parts/kits and plenty original Russian paint to trade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors