Thread: SA2000M feeding cycling questions

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PRDUBI View Post
    Pictures...

Please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    OK, I'll take pix & post soon. Although I haven't been able to spot anything abnormal myself.
    I did notice a nick on the inside of my dust cover - about where ejected shells might have hit it. I successfully ejected 10 live rounds working the action by hand - but that didn't mean it will work after firing - as it did that last time before going to the range.
    I also did a nice job of ENLARGING the ejection port in my dustcover to its maximum size - without looking wrong. Might help - can't hurt.

BTW - Where is the "best place" to obtain (for my FEG SA2000M):
    New RECOIL SPRING
    New EXTRACTOR CLAW + SPRING

Can't think of anything else it could need. MANY THANKS
    Be who you are, Say what you feel. Those that matter wont mind. Those that mind - Don't matter.
    That said, hope you'll cut an old pilgrim some slack.
    Are am I being to Mysterious.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    So, I sent off for one of the special wound ALG recoil springs - as its cost compared to others, & it seems like a good concept.
    Also invested in a NEW Hungarian extractor & spring. VERY GOOD DEAL FROM "ARMS OF AMERICA Military Imports" + FREE FAST SHIPPING.
    I'll need to try it all out, with everything messaged in - even though I couldn't detect any flaws in the old parts.
    Fingers crossed !
    Be who you are, Say what you feel. Those that matter wont mind. Those that mind - Don't matter.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Fixed ???

Quote Originally Posted by MR - E View Post
    So, I sent off for one of the special wound ALG recoil springs - as its cost compared to others, & it seems like a good concept.
    Also invested in a NEW Hungarian extractor & spring. VERY GOOD DEAL FROM "ARMS OF AMERICA Military Imports" + FREE FAST SHIPPING.
    I'll need to try it all out, with everything messaged in - even though I couldn't detect any flaws in the old parts.
    Fingers crossed !
    All new springs & NEW Hungarian Extractor claw are in it - hopefully will function properly. the new recoil spring means business compare to original. All serial numbers match on all main parts = completely built in FEG factory.
    HERE ARE MY PIX...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MR - E; 05-13-2019 at 09:23 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Here's another pic.
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    5/25/19 The new parts I added were unnecessary - Still Jams - but adding a FAILURE TO FEED to FAILURE TO EJECT. I now know that recoil spring, extractor & spring, or gas passage blockage is not the problem.

The few successful firings were very accurate, & in a good group with iron sights - nice rifle if ever fixed. I'm stumped & $30. of parts poorer.

Member #
    Liked
    1621 times
    You have back up parts now.

It has be to something with the rails or something with the gas block as the AK series is very overgassed and it should work no matter what.

The whole thing is just making me scratch but have you tried using 1 round in the mag when one in the chamber and then fire?

Did it cycle it and chamber a round?

Do you have other magazines?

When you hand cycle the rifle, does it bind somewhere and do you feel it?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PRDUBI View Post
    You have back up parts now.

It has be to something with the rails or something with the gas block as the AK series is very overgassed and it should work no matter what. **GAS PASSAGE ENLARGED SLIGHTLY (no change in operation)

The whole thing is just making me scratch but have you tried using 1 round in the mag when one in the chamber and then fire? ** I did not try that, but first mag tried faild to feed 1st rnd into battery. cleared, & went to second mag - BANG, BANG JAM, Cleared, BANG, JAM, JAM. decided to go home - they let me go without range fee.

Did it cycle it and chamber a round? **cycled & fired rnds 2 in a row then NOT

Do you have other magazines? ** I have 8, 3 are brand new - but all look like new & identical

When you hand cycle the rifle, does it bind somewhere and do you feel it?
    ** NO BINDING - just slight resistance when hammer is cocked, & less as it slides closed across it.

** I DO HAVE A HEAD SPACE QUESTION .. the cartridge slides in & out of the breech nicely - But - Cartridges protrude an Eighth Inch from Breach, when neck of cartridge hits chamber front step down. Seems to me only the Ejection Groove, & Base Lip should protrude. My other working AK - only the ejection groove & cartridge base protrude from breach.
    Does that sound right, How does one determine proper head space ? ? If this is the problem how can the step down be moved forward so the cartridge is seated deeper ? Reaming ? OR does it matter if bolt is closing fully ?

So I'm suspicious of: Magazines, & HEADSPACE ?? Totally stumped, I don't trust local smiths, & really cant afford much more trouble. hope it's a problem I CAN DEAL WITH. just need to figure it out.

Appreciate your attention & help C.
    Last edited by MR - E; 05-29-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors