Maadi AKM builder suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Maadi AKM builder suggestions

Member #
    Liked
    360 times
    Communication with builder is key. There was a builder locally here who gave me the 2 week treatment for 2 years, he would not answer calls, texts, or emails i had to drive 35 miles to ambush him and he was in his shop sometimes. Eventually i gave up and took my kit. Everything i do now goes to TRA. Other than being an excellent builder they treat you with respect and courtesy.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Mario has an unusual way of doing things, probably based on problems encountered doing what he does.

Many years ago I would fire off questions and never get a response. Feedback from others was that he was an upstanding guy, that this was unlike him.

Turns out his policy was you had to use his project planning database, forget what he called it, on his web page. If you didn't, he either never got the information, or more likely didn't look at it.

Speaking to him on the phone, hell of a guy to talk to. Loves what he does. A perfectionist that wants your rifle to look like it rolled off the Maadi conveyor belt and into yiur home.

He said he requires the database be used as he always needed more information than people gave him, leading to ten e-mails to answer questions that would have been answered by the database being used. Once we had that link made, he would just call up and tell me every detail. Every metallurgy stamp, inspection stamp, shit nobody will ever see, but it was there on the issued rifle so he puts it there. He loves what he does!

As to the situation with your rifle... I assume you established communication instead of just getting an address and just sending it? Seems to me he did the rifle thing on set days of the week. Wouldn't touch the gun trade unless it was a certain day. Otherwise he would be working his real job or taking it easy after the same.

He has usually been swamped when I have had work done. I think my Krinkov was the exception. Think I was the first in a new wave of new work so he had more time to communicate. Otherwise he was going aoeshit with his box of stamps, turning out masterpieces!

I know you likely have never met me but I will stand up for Mario. Does things a little differently, but once the ball is rolling, correctly, his work and work ethic are incredible.
    Last edited by davehal9000; 05-17-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    prochine likes this.
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors