Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Got a maadi on trade

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    113 times

Got a maadi on trade

It’s looks to me like someone has done some grinding and re-stamping on some of the parts. And the Misr S/A looks like it’s was etched with one of those cheap cordless engravers you buy at harbor freight. What do you guys think??
    Thrasher and Gman like this.

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Looks good. But that flashlight has to go.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maus45 View Post
    Looks good. But that flashlight has to go.
    Lol maybe , What’s with the dual stamps on the bolt carrier though? And what’s the original placement of the stamp from the factory on the carrier?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1019 times
    Welcome to the group!

Many of the rifles imported by Century (CAI) had engravings that looked like they were done by trained chimps. Very poor, but very real.

As for the two numbers on the carrier, I have no idea other than someone wanted a "numbers matching" rifle and added a second set of numbers. Agree, makes no sense.

Also, that side scope mount is not original either, another add on item.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3703 times
    Similar to the Zastava factory, there is a factory assembly number and the serial number of the gun. I'd have to have one here to remind myself, but some parts have one number, some have the other, and some have both (not random, follows the same pattern from gun to gun). Sometimes they are stamped, sometimes E/P'd.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Awesome! Thanks for the posts guys, the guy I got it from did mention zastava which I thought was odd since he claimed it was a Maadi. Maybe he meant a maadi receiver and zastava parts kit? The rail with the flashlight and sight will go once I find some good furniture (found this one and really want it) https://www.gunbroker.com/item/814543780

Member #
    Liked
    6207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Similar to the Zastava factory, there is a factory assembly number and the serial number of the gun. I'd have to have one here to remind myself, but some parts have one number, some have the other, and some have both (not random, follows the same pattern from gun to gun). Sometimes they are stamped, sometimes E/P'd.
    Looks like you have a good shooter.

On this forum we have seen an extremely limited number of genuine Factory 54 rifles with parts that originated in other countries "retasked" by the Egyptians. Not unheard of. Not special, but interesting.

The 6329 large font numbers are the right font for Egyptian factory markings. I don't recognize the font of the other numbers - but Hungary did place numbers in that location. Do the 6329 numbers match any other numbers on the trunnion?

The sub-assembly numbers AZAK mentioned are usually found on the inside of the selector, bottom of the sight leaf and on the left bottom side of the rear sight base. Three digits.

It was not uncommon for some of the later Maadi rifles to have the MISR S/A engraved after the rifle was painted - maybe by the importer. Many Egyptian AKM rifles had their serial numbers applied after they were painted.

I have two Intrac imports made within 1000 serial numbers of each other. One has the factory 54 symbol that was applied before paint and on the other is bare metal applied after paint. "Fuad! You missed one!"

In some ways Maadi AKM rifles have the sloppiest finish of all AKM rifles, yet I trust both mine with my life. Last Sunday I fired one of mine for the first time since I zeroed it in 2012 or so. It is still perfectly zeroed, accurate and the action is butter smooth.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

AGG

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySnake View Post
    Lol maybe , What’s with the dual stamps on the bolt carrier though? And what’s the original placement of the stamp from the factory on the carrier?
    The original placement of the serial number on the bolt carrier is where the "1792" is--- the "6329" should not be there!!!

Tony

AGG

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indykid View Post
    Welcome to the group!

Many of the rifles imported by Century (CAI) had engravings that looked like they were done by trained chimps. Very poor, but very real.

As for the two numbers on the carrier, I have no idea other than someone wanted a "numbers matching" rifle and added a second set of numbers. Agree, makes no sense.

Also, that side scope mount is not original either, another add on item.
    That is the correct (electro-stenciled) "MISR S/A" marking!!!

Tony

AGG

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    I know what you are referring to on the American Arms/Mitchell Arms imports--- a 3-5 digit number (electro-stenciled) that has no correlation whatsoever to the serial number:

on right chromed bolt carrier in recess
    on bottom of chromed bolt
    right rear of operating rod
    left of inside barrel trunnion
    inside left of top cover
    bottom rear of the upper handguard
    front of the sight
    elevation bar on rear sight

However, the Egyptian models do not have these numbers.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 06-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.

AGG

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    I suppose the all important question is--- what is the serial number--- presume that it is CM 04XXX, or higher!!!

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 06-05-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    957 times
    Congrats on the great trade, btw welcome aboard.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Awesome! Thanks for the posts guys, the guy I got it from did mention zastava which I thought was odd since he claimed it was a Maadi. Maybe he meant a maadi receiver and zastava parts kit? The rail with the flashlight and sight will go once I find some good furniture (found this one and really want it) https://www.gunbroker.com/item/814543780
    thanks for all the good info everyone, yes the 6329 on the bolt carrier does match the serial number, but as AGG pointed out its not supposed to be there also i will say you are close with the serial number, it does start with CM but the first 2 number are not 04 lol the numbers on the trunnion are EXTREMELY hard to see, but i think 085? possibly 685?
    IMG-1156.JPG
    IMG-1155.JPG
    and i will add this isnt my first AK i have had 2 american ones, one dirt cheap (dont remember the man) and one mid-range (Riley Defense)
    Last edited by RustySnake; 06-05-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    After going through a couple 762s(tgi amd, shit build md65 from overland industries). the maadi has by far exceeded my expectations of a fighting rifle. Owned for almost 2years now and it still accompaniesme to the range almost every time igo.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

AGG

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    thanks for all the good info everyone, yes the 6329 on the bolt carrier does match the serial number, but as AGG pointed out its not supposed to be there also i will say you are close with the serial number, it does start with CM but the first 2 number are not 04 lol the numbers on the trunnion are EXTREMELY hard to see, but i think 085? possibly 685?
    and i will add this isnt my first AK i have had 2 american ones, one dirt cheap (dont remember the man) and one mid-range (Riley Defense)
    Thanks--- sounds like a force-matched, bolt carrier!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors