MAK90 Slant Cut Stamped Orig. Underfolder - New Furniture Ideas
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Indykid

Thread: MAK90 Slant Cut Stamped Orig. Underfolder - New Furniture Ideas

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MAK90 Slant Cut Stamped Orig. Underfolder - New Furniture Ideas

I have an MAK 90 Slant Cut Stamped rifle with a thumbhole stock that apparently was originally an underfolder. I would like to replace the thumbhole stock and other furniture with an AK stock set - either in polymer or wood. From what I read, the slant cut and the fact that it was once equipped with an underfolder makes this a challenge. The Desert Fox adapter for the slant apparently won't fit it because it was once an underfolder...Does anybody have any suggestions/recommendations?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-19-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1184 times
    Welcome to the group!

If it was originally an underfolder, the "slant cut" is normal and it should have the underfolder cover over the rear of the receiver with a stock tang welded on. My 2 cents is to find a complete Norinco underfolder and install it. If you don't want an underfolder, I suggest selling it to someone who would be more than happy to restore it to it's full underfolding glory.

Seriously, if you must have a fixed stock you could cut the rivets, remove the rear cover and install the rear trunion for a fixed stock which will not fit correctly and give you a rifle with almost no resale value.

So as a collector myself, and although cutting the rear tang off the folder receiver cover undoes the original post-Bush1-ban rifle, it seems acceptable in only that one type of AK variant that doing something that can't easily be undone does not really hurt it's value.
    HavasuAK and GTPI like this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. If there was an easy way (without a ton of custom work) to make it look and feel like a straight AK, I'd kind of like to do that. But, if there isn't, then putting an underfolder on it would be cool. I hear they aren't all that comfortable to shoot, but I doubt there are many around, so I'd sure consider that. The last thing I want to do is mess up the value. I am not a collector, but I,ve probably had this for 25 years and respect it's history too much to screw it up. I've actually looked for some underfolder stocks and they are pretty hard to find. Read that the Romanian model will work...but that also mixes and matches which is not ideal...plus I couldn't find any in stock anywhere. Are there AK underfolders available for reasonable prices. Having said all that, I have seen some good looking side folders but when they are folded it looks like the stock blocks access to the trigger...All ideas and opinions are welcome. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

jdg

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't mind shooting my Draco SBR underfolder at all, people's definition of comfort vary I guess. I say build the UF!!

Member #
    Liked
    6325 times
    A Bulgarian UF stock fits these nicely and will not break the bank.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1230 times
    what are the safety markings on the side? what letters?

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    I saw one of these for sale recently. It had a Polish underfolder stock installed.

https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbth...44#Post1637944

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors