NHM-91 Conversion
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scottyb

Thread: NHM-91 Conversion

Member #
    Liked
    1381 times

NHM-91 Conversion

Hope you all can point me in the right direction, picked up a NHM-91 all original form which I would like to convert it to a 87S. I am looking for the bipod, rpk stock, handguards and pistol grip. I have found the muzzle break already and I am not sure if I want to modify a Russian RPK stock set or look for the Chinese wood. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated since this is my first Chinese AK. Thanks!

From this

To This
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    5510 times
    I think you are gonna have to make the stock. A regular RPK will not do it for the Chinese version.

The front hand guard could be reshaped. Front sight block moved back and the bipod placed in front of it.

I was able to cut down a thumb hole stock to get it close but it ended up breaking just aft of the rear trunion. It was not up to the task.

Good luck
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-13-2020 at 06:57 AM.
    njkalashnikov likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1381 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I think you are gonna have to make the stock. A regular RPK will not do it for the Chinese version.

The front hand guard could be reshaped. Front sight block moved back and the bipod placed in front of it.

I was able to cut down a thumb hole stock to get it close but it ended up breaking just aft of the rear trunion. It was not up to the task.

Good luck
    I have heard of people sanding down a Russian RPK stock and it working. After looking at the front site I will most likely leave it and just attach the bipod as is.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sponsors