Mak 90 for WASR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mak 90 for WASR

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Yeah, im ready to do the fitting. Thanks for the info.

Member #
    Liked
    905 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugo Nut View Post
    Im wondering if this would look good on a MAK
    Probably, but not like an "authentic" Chinese rifle. Personally, I'd go with an Ironwood Chinese stock set. It will help with 922(r) compliance too. BTW, I probably don't have to tell you, but you came out way ahead on your trade.
    Yugo Nut likes this.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I agree, but I'm thinking I will get a euro set for 69$ now and just save up my fun money for the ironwoods and stain it up to look like a Chinese set. Yeah man, Im pretty stoked about it. I will pick up another kick around WASR later on down the road just to have one. but am most definitely thrilled with this trade.
    Last edited by Yugo Nut; 11-04-2019 at 01:18 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You could go full tacticool
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    That does look nice, but i just like the wood look on AK's. Nice gun though.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I agree, I really prefer the wood. That was my first attempt at non wood. Fun to shoot.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I will probably do something like that until i can save the 300 big ones for the ironwoods.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    is that just a standard MOE magpul handguard? did you have to do any fitting to the hand guards?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes it is a moe. I had to take off a small amount off the block that fits in the receiver. Used a dremel and took my time. A little at a time and if fit nice and tight. The front dropped right in.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Nice. i will be picking up the magpul hand guards and I already have an MFT minimalist stock, will just file down a bit. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I used a DesertFox Outfitters adapter in the back for the tube mount. I think I read yours is a straight cut, but either way they make a really nice One for 60$ Buffer tube and castle nut and you’re good. Good luck!
    Yugo Nut likes this.

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Matt from Ironwood Designs here,
    Have not been here on the forums in a while. Just happen to see this one pop up and though I would chime in.

So yes, original Chinese stocks are very pricey, and also made of inferior "Chu" wood, aka Catalpa.
    I've seen original Norinco T56 butt stocks, (pre ban), go for $300 by themselves. They eventually break at the
    tang ear, due to fitting the stocks incorrectly. Most people assume they are supposed to butt up or touch the
    rear of the receiver when they are not. There should be a gap, to prevent the receiver from cutting into
    the face and ears of the stock. The true recoil bearing surfaces are the 2 vertical faces of the trunnion
    and the 2 vertical faces of the nose of the stock.

There have never been any poly stocks made specifically for the MAK receiver, and for 27 years, nobody has ever
    produced MAK specific stocks other than my company, which is how long we have been making them.

True, the MAK 90 receiver is different. Correct 1.5 MM sheet metal, and, a longer tang as compared to
    all Euro Combloc receivers/ running tangs. The 2 vertical faces on the trunnion are also slightly different, or rather
    in slightly different locations compared to euro combloc trunnions.

An AKM type set can be fitted to a MAK, but the tang cut has to be elongated, as wells as both the sides and bottom flat surface on
    the knuckle ( nose ) of the stock. The lower hand guard will need to be fitted at the rear, ( the rectangular tab ), where is inserts into the front
    of the receiver. You have to be careful there, because, if you take too much material from either the top or bottom
    of that tab, the hand guard will sit an an angle.

We do offer complete T56 sets unfinished at well under $300, but they are made from quality hardwoods and Latvian made
    Laminate Birch ( virtually identical to the Soviet Lam ), not the original Chu wood. We also offer complete AKM sets cut specifically
    to fit all MAK platforms. Also well under $300.

Poly sets are difficult to fit with out mauling the plastic, and they are very light with smaller radiuses combs.
    Obviously I prefer wood, haha, because the rifle looks proper, has better ergonomics, (T56 original pattern),
    does not get sweaty hot in the sun, and has more weight/density reducing felt recoil.

Anyway, hope you figure out a solution, and thanks for your time. Hopefully my comments addressed some
    issues.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Thanks Matt, I will be ordering from you guys. your stuff definitely looks top notch. Thanks for the inputs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors