Pictures of your personal AK's - Page 11
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 770
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: Pictures of your personal AK's

  1. #151
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3239
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    789
    Liked
    0 times
    Aurang, what US parts did you put in for compliance when you added the Bulgarian kit?

    I'm trying to get a no ban carbine right now. If I eventually find one I would like to add just the Bulgarian stock, not the whole kit. Could you recommend the simplest way to do this and still be legal? I was hoping replacing the muzzle nut with a slant US made compensator would do it.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #152
    Senior Member

    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,137
    Liked
    3 times
    The Buttstock on the No-Ban SA M-7 is already foreign.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

    WTB: Type 1 buttstock

  3. #153
    Super Moderator Retired

    Member #
    25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,759
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aurang
    The Buttstock on the No-Ban SA M-7 is already foreign.
    Mine was U.S. made NATO length ...
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Sine Missione

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #154
    Senior Member

    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,137
    Liked
    3 times
    Forgot to add the word "Carbine" after "SA M-7"...

    The buttstock on my SA M-7 Carbine was Bulgarian polymer. I don't think the normal length buttstocks were being made in the US at that time... the only ones being made here were ones with incorrect length.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

    WTB: Type 1 buttstock

  6. #155
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3239
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    789
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aurang
    Forgot to add the word "Carbine" after "SA M-7"...

    The buttstock on my SA M-7 Carbine was Bulgarian polymer. I don't think the normal length buttstocks were being made in the US at that time... the only ones being made here were ones with incorrect length.
    Well I got the carbine today. Just as you said the buttstock is not marked "US", but the rest of the furniture is. Do you have to swap in some more US parts when you put on the rest of the Bulgarian furniture kit?

  7. #156
    Senior Member

    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,137
    Liked
    3 times
    I'd contact Arsenal for the particular parts count on your rifle. Sometimes it varies.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

    WTB: Type 1 buttstock

  8. #157
    Senior Member

    Member #
    406
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Mexico Centennial: 1912-2012
    Posts
    6,723
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aurang
    I'd contact Arsenal for the particular parts count on your rifle. Sometimes it varies.
    Yep. On some production runs they happily installed Bulgarian triggers.

    If your parts count is okay otherwise, and you just HAVE TO HAVE all Bulgarian furniture, you can swap out your floorplates and followers for US-made ones.

    But be warned: the Bulgarian lower handguards are often over-long compared to the US-made ones. I tried one out for kicks and grins one day and I would have had to file the thing front and rear considerably to get it to fit. I'm talking about having to file the front metal flanges and the rear tab(s).
    Celebrating 20 years of AK ownership: 1992-2012

  9. #158
    Senior Member

    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,137
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane Zackerly
    Quote Originally Posted by aurang
    I'd contact Arsenal for the particular parts count on your rifle. Sometimes it varies.
    Yep. On some production runs they happily installed Bulgarian triggers.

    If your parts count is okay otherwise, and you just HAVE TO HAVE all Bulgarian furniture, you can swap out your floorplates and followers for US-made ones.

    But be warned: the Bulgarian lower handguards are often over-long compared to the US-made ones. I tried one out for kicks and grins one day and I would have had to file the thing front and rear considerably to get it to fit. I'm talking about having to file the front metal flanges and the rear tab(s).
    What rifle did you try to put it on? The Lower handguard fit fine length wise on my Bulgarian gun, though there was a little too much material on the stubs that go into the receiver, they were a little fat.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

    WTB: Type 1 buttstock

  10. #159
    Senior Member

    Member #
    406
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Mexico Centennial: 1912-2012
    Posts
    6,723
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aurang
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane Zackerly
    Quote Originally Posted by aurang
    I'd contact Arsenal for the particular parts count on your rifle. Sometimes it varies.
    Yep. On some production runs they happily installed Bulgarian triggers.

    If your parts count is okay otherwise, and you just HAVE TO HAVE all Bulgarian furniture, you can swap out your floorplates and followers for US-made ones.

    But be warned: the Bulgarian lower handguards are often over-long compared to the US-made ones. I tried one out for kicks and grins one day and I would have had to file the thing front and rear considerably to get it to fit. I'm talking about having to file the front metal flanges and the rear tab(s).
    What rifle did you try to put it on? The Lower handguard fit fine length wise on my Bulgarian gun, though there was a little too much material on the stubs that go into the receiver, they were a little fat.
    I tried putting it on an SA M7 Carbine because the US-made one was a little "rattly".

    The Bulgarian lower handguard was a takeoff from an SLR95.
    Celebrating 20 years of AK ownership: 1992-2012

  11. #160
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    519
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,893
    Liked
    951 times
    Here's my Bulgarians...

    The only worthy boltface...

  12. #161
    Technical Advisors

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    14,916
    Liked
    28 times
    Arsenal Inc. SLR-106FR........









    http://colonialshooting.com/

    You can reach me directly at templarm4carbine at gmail.com

    TheAKForum Site Staff, Retired

  13. #162
    Senior Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    58
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Libtard Flatlands (N. IL)
    Posts
    7,600
    Liked
    192 times




    My SLR-106F playing pretty-pretty dress-up in Early 1980's Soviet clothing
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

  14. #163

    Member #
    654
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    116
    Liked
    1 times


  15. #164
    Senior Member

    Member #
    1423
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    247
    Liked
    1 times
    At Bulletfest 2006 in Ohio...




    The AK family...
    Top SA-M7
    Middle Saiga 7.62X39
    Bottom SLR-95 with wood stock



    Here is my SA-M7 and my SLR-95 in the normal black stock...



    MEDIC-0372

  16. #165

    Member #
    3136
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    204
    Liked
    0 times
    Well....Everyone has some fantastic looking rifles I must say. I just recently upgraded my one and only Bulgarian clone. I am looking for an SLR105,but can't seem to find one anywhere. So, I have decided this is it for me. I just need some optics now...and by the way...she runs like a champ







 

 
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Are there any personal trainers around here?
    By jasonb in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 12:43 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 11:45 AM
  3. Yay... found the Pakistan trip pictures (67 pictures)
    By armakraut in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM
  4. If I go Trust over personal...do I have to
    By Elliot308 in forum AK Suppressors, SBR's and Full-Auto
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 08:28 PM

Search tags for this page

ak 104 full custom
,

ak 105 clone

,
ak su 74
,

ak105 clone

,

arsenal ak74

,

arsenal slr 10173

,

circle 10 ak74 magazine

,
distressed an arsenal ak
,
info 24585 bayonet
,
slr 107 plum furniture
,
ssr-85c-2 laminate
,
tavor vs sbr
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.