Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By akraider
  • 2 Post By Artyldr01

Thread: K-Var Bulgarian 5.45 Barrels Out of Stock

Member #
    Liked
    354 times

K-Var Bulgarian 5.45 Barrels Out of Stock

Think they'll get some more in anytime soon? Just wondering if they occasionally run dry like this. I have heard rumblings about them moving away from bringing in the 5.45 stuff. Sorry to ask, but I hear they are kinda hard to reach and get some customer service.

Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    IIRC they've run out of them 2 or 3 times in the past +-4 years or so, but they always seem to find some more in one of the warehouses...they could just be anticipating an early panic right now...wouldn't be surprised if when they "find" some they'll be up in price...
    scottyb likes this.
    Akforum member #234...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akraider View Post
    IIRC they've run out of them 2 or 3 times in the past +-4 years or so, but they always seem to find some more in one of the warehouses...they could just be anticipating an early panic right now...wouldn't be surprised if when they "find" some they'll be up in price...
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5500 times
    They pretty much only sell to the high bidder these days.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1195 times
    Anyone have issues with K-Var 5.45 barrels being out of spec? I had trouble with mine and know of at least one more person whose bulgy barrel would not hold Zero. Could there be a quality control issue going on?

Member #
    Liked
    354 times
    I got one about 8 months ago. I have not installed it yet. I thought I was only going to do one 5.45 build, but I just got a SBR itch I need to scratch now. The barrel is getting cut down anyway, so if worse comes to worse I can just buy a US barrel to chop up, I suppose.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    I have only been to the range once so far, but my K-Var barrel on a R-Guns kit and Recreator receiver shot very accurate and reliably.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    scottyb and akraider like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses1986 View Post
    Anyone have issues with K-Var 5.45 barrels being out of spec? I had trouble with mine and know of at least one more person whose bulgy barrel would not hold Zero. Could there be a quality control issue going on?
    As in flyers or what exactly do you mean a barrel will not hold zero??? Barrels unless bent by some idiot trying to install them, or same idiot fucking up the crown the barrel should send rounds in relatively the same place... Even then the rounds should still end up in the same area, just way off on a tangent compared to where a true barrel or crown would send it.. Now if the rifles sights or optic is not holding zero that’s different...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8618 times
    One thing I have noticed out of 5.45 bulgarian barrels is that they tend to have a lot of whip when warm. Nice hot barrel is gonna flex when hot. Some people have experienced it so bad that its not even on paper when really hot. Ive heard reports of people switching from bulgy barrels to the nitrate barrels with huge improvements.

Bulgarian manufacturing is generally high quality and have been for sometime now. I imagine there could be defective parts but one would need to inspect the rifle before blaming the barrel.

Member #
    Liked
    1195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Badinfluence74 View Post
    As in flyers or what exactly do you mean a barrel will not hold zero??? Barrels unless bent by some idiot trying to install them, or same idiot fucking up the crown the barrel should send rounds in relatively the same place... Even then the rounds should still end up in the same area, just way off on a tangent compared to where a true barrel or crown would send it.. Now if the rifles sights or optic is not holding zero that’s different...
    Not trashing K-Var barrels just asking cause I bumped into an issue with mine, and the guy I was talking about was told this by a reputable builder so I’m sure they know what they are saying.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses1986 View Post
    Not trashing K-Var barrels just asking cause I bumped into an issue with mine, and the guy I was talking about was told this by a reputable builder so I’m sure they know what they are saying.

When you say out of spec, what specifically are you referring to?
    Last edited by Badinfluence74; Yesterday at 08:21 PM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors