Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AZAK
  • 1 Post By red_90teg

Thread: Ak74u Virgin Bulgarian parts kit

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ak74u Virgin Bulgarian parts kit

The front trunnion has a 23 stamped on it. No other numbers on the kits bolt, carrier, spring, rear side folder or cover. Is the front trunnion original to the parts kit?

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Id the barrel pin hole drilled in the front trunnion? My "virgin" AK74U kit came with a un-drilled trunnion. If it's been drilled it's not a true "virgin" trunnion.
    "I never met a gun I didn't like"

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Some pic's of the gun I built on a virgin kit.

After paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    The number "23" stamped into the front trunnion. Is that number on the top left flat of the trunnion? as in the pic below where the number "20" is located?

If so thats the mold number for the trunnion and has nothing to do with any serial number.

The pic above and the pic's below are from a Bulgarian "virgin" AK74U kit that I built years ago. Notice no SN's and no proof marks on the trunnion near the barrel pin hole. Also my virgin trunnion didn't have the barrel pin hole drilled. Just the starter holes which were forged into it where the barrel pin would be.

Also notice no SN's on the carrier or bolt.

Last edited by 545x39mm; 09-05-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What... where do i find a kit like this?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4075 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    What... where do i find a kit like this?
    They are not commonly available, you just wait for someone to decide to sell. Worth noting that virgin kits are significantly more difficult, and require more work, than a demilled kit. Professional builders charge a premium to build them simply because they take more time. The Bulgarian AKS74U kits can also be found in a variety of demilled iterations, including some early rifles that left the factory with mixed Soviet parts.
    Last edited by AZAK; 02-07-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Sunspot likes this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    why do most to almost all Bulgarian aks74u ar-sf 5.45 demilled kits in the usa not have the regular serial number and date code and arsenal stamp ? most have 5 digit and some have .. AB 38 **** VERY VEW AD 38 **** and I only seen 1 with the ((10)) stamp.. almost non have the arsenal 10 stamp.. very few have the ab 38 and 4 digit.. almost all are just 5 digit alone.. can someone answer this ? iv seen photos of the full regular markings of a date code 32.. i.e. ((10)) AD 32 ****.. and photos of newer then the ones we got ((10)) AB 39 **** SO the theory of the years going on and Bulgaria just not putting all the marks on them and just doing 5 digits is gone out the window.. cuz of the newer year 39 code with the full markings ..

does anyone have a answer for this? I know most people dont care but I'm super curious about this ..
    AZAK likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors