Brand new Arsenal SLR104UR- Possible Headspace Problem? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Brand new Arsenal SLR104UR- Possible Headspace Problem?

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    This is great news! Check the headspace on the new one. If it's good, check the cosmetics, FS/GB alignment and the top cover alignment (mine got bent during shipment due to crappy packaging and they did a crap job of replacing it with one that's not serialized). If all is well, I'd fire a few rounds just to test function. If all is still well, I'd take the risk. I love my 104UR other than the aforementioned replacement top cover. I chopped the barrel myself and it runs great.
    I have a range day scheduled for tomorrow. I'll give it a run. I put a triangle folder on it along with a palm grip from AK Operator's Union. It came with a target showing a tight group at 25 yards, but we will see. I go back and forth. It would be a perfect rifle for my Vertx Gamut bag.

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Functioned fine, shot well... ATF is saying that I need to submit new paperwork and send in the old stamp with a letter stating what occurred... the NFA is a pain.

Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    That's great. Did you happen to notice how far it was sending the spent cases?
    bluedog09 likes this.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    That's great. Did you happen to notice how far it was sending the spent cases?
    to the moon... haha. It was a dept (PD) range day on a grassy range, so it was hard to track them. Recoil was minimal. It didn't feel overgassed, but it was launching cases to my three o clock with about as much force as my aks74 build, which was long.

The ATF directed me to submit all new paperwork for the new rifle via mail along with the original guns stamp and letter explaining the situation. They will transfer the payment to the new rifle, but who knows how long it will take. Just finished up the paperwork to go out tomorrow...

Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog09 View Post
    to the moon... haha. It was a dept (PD) range day on a grassy range, so it was hard to track them. Recoil was minimal. It didn't feel overgassed, but it was launching cases to my three o clock with about as much force as my aks74 build, which was long.
    This is actually good. If you chopped the barrel and it was undergassed, then it would be more difficult to fix. When you chop the barrel, it will most likely be right. If it's still overgassed (base this on ejection distance, not feel as the 5.45x39 doesn't produce much recoil), you can install an adjustable gas piston to cut down the amount of gas cycling through the system.

Keep us informed.

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    This is actually good. If you chopped the barrel and it was undergassed, then it would be more difficult to fix. When you chop the barrel, it will most likely be right. If it's still overgassed (base this on ejection distance, not feel as the 5.45x39 doesn't produce much recoil), you can install an adjustable gas piston to cut down the amount of gas cycling through the system.

Keep us informed.
    That was my thought as well after seeing the ejection... I wonder how it will be after chopping the barrel as this one is a newer one than what I had and should have a restrictor in place.

Member #
    Liked
    747 times
    I doubt it has a restrictor. I've only ever heard of the SLR-107UR's having restrictors. I think when you chop the barrel you'll be good to go.

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    I doubt it has a restrictor. I've only ever heard of the SLR-107UR's having restrictors. I think when you chop the barrel you'll be good to go.
    The 104s definitely had them. For the most part, the BCs and newer have them, but who knows. When I chop the barrel, I'll find out. If it runs, I'm good. If not, I'll press off the FSB and drill it out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors