AKOU Tests Arsenal - first 1000 Rnds - NOT looking good for Arsenal
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: AKOU Tests Arsenal - first 1000 Rnds - NOT looking good for Arsenal

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

AKOU Tests Arsenal - first 1000 Rnds - NOT looking good for Arsenal

Last edited by Ezone2; 04-30-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's going to be interesting.

Member #
    Liked
    20537 times
    ....for those of us without Facebook, care to give us the cliffnotes version?

A little Copypasta, if you please.
    joel0019 likes this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Gauge View Post

Screenshot_2016-04-30-21-06-05.png

Here's what Rob posted in the comments:

"Ak Operators Union, Local 47-74
    Here is my honest take on the whole situation. I will comment only on current issues. Full video will go on Thursday.

We all knew that Arsenal had a record of poor finish, but seeing what is happening with finish on this randomly purchased rifle, only after few mags, was stunning. This isn't my first time rodeo but i have never ever seen finish flaking off like this...
    I like to think that Arsenal is like Porsche 911 Turbo - now please imagine that your new Porsche (with great engine), has lost most of his paint and it is showing rust underneath, after your first drive...I'm not sure if this would fly very well with any owner.
    Unfortunately, many people get very emotional about their firearms and they form strong opinions, no matter what is happening. Based on comments here and on our Facebook, everyone knew that Arsenal finish sucked - yet, for years, they have been given free pass on it. Even today we can read comments like "oh, it is ok, i cerakote my rifles" and etc.
    If we, as consumers, continue to bow, excuse and apologize for other companies fuckups, they will continue to feed us with shit. The only way to stop this madness is to stop sucking their dicks, standup straight and start demanding better quality for money spend.
    I can guarantee you that there is enough profit margin on SLR107 for Arsenal, to upgrade from Walmart $0.50 rattle can paint to $1 rattle can paint. But if we will continue to smile when being fucked from behind, nothing is going to change - ever!
    This is what AR community did years ago - they purged most of the bullshit and forced makers to start to offer better quality - look at the AR market decade later...this didn't happen over the night...but if they would just continue to generate excuses for AR makers, everyone today will be still using bushmasters with crumbling parts and shitty quality.
    Someone asked for serial number, serial number on this SLR starts with XM55."

No experience with Arsenal myself. Gotta love Rob Ski not beating around the bush, though...
    10Gauge, KOTOC-79 and BR7.62 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Gauge View Post

Rob Ski AKOU " Here is my honest take on the whole situation. I will comment only on current issues. Full video will go on Thursday.

We all knew that Arsenal had a record of poor finish, but seeing what is happening with finish on this randomly purchased rifle, only
    after few mags, was stunning. This isn't my first time rodeo but i have never ever seen finish flaking off like this...
    I like to think that Arsenal is like Porsche 911 Turbo - now please imagine that your new Porsche (with great engine), has lost most of his paint and it is showing rust underneath, after your first drive...I'm not sure if this would fly very well with any owner.
    Unfortunately, many people get very emotional about their firearms and they form strong opinions, no matter what is happening. Based on comments here and on our Facebook, everyone knew that Arsenal finish sucked - yet, for years, they have been given free pass on it. Even today we can read comments like "oh, it is ok, i cerakote my rifles" and etc.
    If we, as consumers, continue to bow, excuse and apologize for other companies fuckups, they will continue to feed us with shit. The only way to stop this madness is to stop sucking their dicks, standup straight and start demanding better quality for money spend.
    I can guarantee you that there is enough profit margin on SLR107 for Arsenal, to upgrade from Walmart $0.50 rattle can paint to $1 rattle can paint. But if we will continue to smile when being fucked from behind, nothing is going to change - ever!
    This is what AR community did years ago - they purged most of the bullshit and forced makers to start to offer better quality - look at the AR market decade later...this didn't happen over the night...but if they would just continue to generate excuses for AR makers, everyone today will be still using bushmasters with crumbling parts and shitty quality.
    Someone asked for serial number, serial number on this SLR starts with XM55

Then later mention that this wasn't just the only issue, there's more. His YouTube Video on the first 1000 Rnds will be up Thursday. This is just from shooting it, paint started having issues after the 90 rounds. He hasn't even given it the torture test, hasn't seen concrete drops or water yet. Temps have been monitored and not to have gone above 450 degrees.
    Last edited by Ezone2; 04-30-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    KOTOC-79 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20537 times
    Thanks boatma1

I had a feeling that was going to be the beef with Arsenal.

A little "Be careful what you wish for" comes to mind. People bitched about Wolf's lacquer coating... then we got "polymer" which turned ammo into Cheetos under normal storage conditions.... now we're lamenting the loss of lacquer. I can't help but think that the shitpoor Arsenal finish is the result of cost cutting in order to keep brand new, factory AKs reasonable in price. We know what corners Century cuts to keep their entry level rifles cheap...so it's still a pick your poison scenario.

Also the AR analogy doesn't exactly hold water... AKs are imported, even the "US" ones... and you get to choose between having one built (FUCKING EXPENSIVE) buying a factory AK, or getting a pre-owned rifle and you really roll the dice there.
    SVDS and MPiKM-72 like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Member #
    Liked
    1291 times
    Very interesting. Keeping tabs on this one.

KOTOC-79 likes this.
    MAGA- let's get this show on the road!

Sans Remords

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Kinda funny. You will see all types of excuses because of brand loyalty.
    i post that I have had a great experience with my v2 and I'm a shill of some sort.
    if my v2 sucked I would tell YA.
    KOTOC-79 and 3dots like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20537 times
    To be honest, this kind of stuff comes with the territory.

I've had guns made by a bunch of people. "Top tier" builders....Century...all the way down to discount builders trying to make a name for themselves.

All have been found lacking at one point or another. I buy. I sell.. all according to my changing tastes. I only sorta/kinda miss one rifle and that's because I'll never be able to replace it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    Well that sucks. Kinda odd though as I've never heard of flaking that bad before. Isolated incident maybe? We had one of our members here put 6000 rounds through his arsenal and didn't have the same issue.

Im looking foward to the video.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Seems like rob ski is the guy who buys all the lemons?
    He does those who like AKs a great service.
    i stashed a wasr away becaue of his test.
    come Nov. could be hard to get one.

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    My 107 isn't flaking after ~3k rounds...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Forgive me but, I find this a bit humorous. Arsenal is regarded by alot of people as a top tier AK(And demand a premium price) yet their finish is shit. I'm sure only their finish is lacking and the components are GTG?? I def. look forward to the remainder of the testing...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KOTOC-79; 05-01-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    Apache likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    It will be interesting for sure
    i must admit though, if it shits the bed I'll have some type of laughing fit.
    paint is no big deal to me. Changing out a bolt if needed isn't either.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Well that sucks. Kinda odd though as I've never heard of flaking that bad before. Isolated incident maybe? We had one of our members here put 6000 rounds through his arsenal and didn't have the same issue.

Im looking foward to the video.
    I have a hard time believing random people with high round counts. Although I throw around numbers also.
    It is unverifiable . It also human nature to exaggerate, and obviously some people have an emotional reaction when they have a dog in the fight.
    I have been reading up on the v2 in old posts. I can't believe the amount of people that up and sold theirs without giving it a chance. Because a stranger online said it isn't the accepted AK on this or that message board.
    This whole internet gun stuff is kind of new to me. (Reminds me of that human centepede movie)
    Been a member for a year but only read rarely.

How does the akou get their test guns? Are they provided by the manufacturer?
    or does he get one off the shelf? At least they have video proof if we like it or not.
    My current favorite only lasted like three rounds during the "sand tornado" test.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors