AKOU Tests Arsenal - first 1000 Rnds - NOT looking good for Arsenal - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: AKOU Tests Arsenal - first 1000 Rnds - NOT looking good for Arsenal

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I don't think Rob got a lemon. He just runs his AK's like they should be ran. The Arsenal paint job sucks dick. Sorry.

I like my slr107 it's been accurate and reliable for me. But Rob"s testing will show it's true colors.
    Last edited by TheShooter; 05-01-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    KOTOC-79 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I can say this....most with Arsenals have never seen this issue because they didn't take a new one and go straight full blast on it. Get the barrel hot and let it gas off. Go too hot and the paint will crap, but not like that. Now with that said, Rob said this started at 90rds. If that's the case, he indeed found the lemon.....

Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Shouldn't this thread be under Bulgarian ? I've heard complaints of bad Arsenal finishes before, but this seems kind of extremely poor. Owning and seeing a bunch of other Arsenal's first hand, I have not experienced anything close to the pics I'm seeing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pug face View Post
    I have a hard time believing random people with high round counts. Although I throw around numbers also.
    It is unverifiable . It also human nature to exaggerate, and obviously some people have an emotional reaction when they have a dog in the fight.
    I have been reading up on the v2 in old posts. I can't believe the amount of people that up and sold theirs without giving it a chance. Because a stranger online said it isn't the accepted AK on this or that message board.
    This whole internet gun stuff is kind of new to me. (Reminds me of that human centepede movie)
    Been a member for a year but only read rarely.

How does the akou get their test guns? Are they provided by the manufacturer?
    or does he get one off the shelf? At least they have video proof if we like it or not.
    My current favorite only lasted like three rounds during the "sand tornado" test.
    The last 2, RAS47 and the Arsenal 107, were purchased from ATLANTIC FIREARMS with funds AKOU generated from the sell of merchandise from their online store and donations from individuals. Ammunition was either bought or donated to the AKOU. Before I think the guns were donated by ATLANTIC but either case the firearms all came from ATLANTIC's inventory.
    KOTOC-79 likes this.
    DREMEL, Gods little gift to the AK owner/operator.

If it aint' propelled by gunpowder or a petroleum product, it's not in my hands!!

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Russian and Hungarian pkm barrels look exactly like that after abusive sustained firing at knob creek. all of them do. any paint has a high temperature breaking point where it just turns into carbon basically. the rust underneath looks same as above pic always. due to parkerized finishes are just a quick and even controlled micro rust process like blueing that gives protection against rust. some bulgys do have non Russian styled paints recently. robs videos are cool but I cant access this one without facebook account opened to see which one hes burning up and toasting.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pug face View Post
    I have a hard time believing random people with high round counts. Although I throw around numbers also.
    It is unverifiable . It also human nature to exaggerate, and obviously some people have an emotional reaction when they have a dog in the fight.
    I have been reading up on the v2 in old posts. I can't believe the amount of people that up and sold theirs without giving it a chance. Because a stranger online said it isn't the accepted AK on this or that message board.
    This whole internet gun stuff is kind of new to me. (Reminds me of that human centepede movie)
    Been a member for a year but only read rarely.

How does the akou get their test guns? Are they provided by the manufacturer?
    or does he get one off the shelf? At least they have video proof if we like it or not.
    My current favorite only lasted like three rounds during the "sand tornado" test.
    I also have a hard time believing people. Seeing is believing IMO. But I would think if the problem was that bad we would have heard of alot more complaints about it by now. We have had many members here with high round count arsenals. One even shot our his barrel but had no finish problems. Here is the tread in question that I was talking about. 437 posts and the documentation of a arsenal rifle.

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/23-...und-count.html

I don't know if Robski got a lemon or not. If he got one of the newest arsenals then maybe arsenal changed the finish or the finish on it wasn't applied correctly. It's hard to deny RobSkis first hand experience and shows that no rifle is perfect. If it started at 90 rounds and he is at a 1000 rounds now that's not too bad as it shows that the bubbling has slowed down. Looking at it indicates one did mag dumps and got the barrel extremely hot. Do I believe that RobSki did that? If he says he didn't then I have no reason to not believe him. He has always been honest in his other videos so I believe that the rifle he got possibally had/has a defective finish. If thats the case then if we bought one we would have returned it at the 90 round mark.

Arsenals are expensive and their finish is crappy sometimes. I'm starting to believe that it's a crapshoot on what finish you get from arsenal. Ive got some that were great finishes and then I've got a couple where I've seen parkerizing was applied better!

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    If this was a US made AK we would have already ripped it a new asshole. But since it's a foreign made AK we make up excuses like maybe he got a lemon?
    KOTOC-79, Heels357 and 3dots like this.

Member #
    Liked
    658 times
    ho hum. This again? Don't buy Arsenal! It will enable me to buy more on sale.
    Last edited by docwade; 05-01-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
    If this was a US made AK we would have already ripped it a new asshole. But since it's a foreign made AK we make up excuses like maybe he got a lemon?
    Agreed...

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    I must say I have never seen that amount of heat bubbling on an Arsenal. It looks like with the amount of damage done to the finish the barrel should be warped at a 35 degree angle and the trigger group disintegrated. "started at 90rd count". Insane. I have many AK rifles, 2 of which are Arsenals. My 104FR (2014 date mark) still looks great after about 600rds, and my 107FR (2015 date mark) looks great because it is my "Election year" rifle (Hillary scares me) and will not be shot further until after the pending panic of sept 2016.

This will be an interesting video to see on Thursday

Member #
    Liked
    8736 times
    Let me know when it's an actual problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Vlado, 22many and Ram Rod like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8736 times
    Nope! Well maybe by some. I don't bother with finishes. Scratched finish, melted finish, backed off finish, ...he'll even no finish. I'm fine with that too. I didn't buy it for the paint job. If it flakes off paint over it! When he gets to parts wear and breakage that's when I'll care

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Vlado, 22many and Omega7.62 like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    Can you show me where anybody is blatently trying to excuse it because it's a arsenal rifle? I said it might be a lemon because we have heard of no other reports of that happening. If you can find some other instances with arsenals then please let us know as I haven't searched.

If it was a US rifle would I bash it? No, not neccesarly. Unless it showed a pattern and the company won't take care of the issue then most certainly. in the case of the century C39, century already has a uphill battle on winning over ak owners as we all know of centurys shortcomings. DDI has had decent reviews but if this happened to one of their rifle then I would most certainally call it a lemon also if there is no pattern.

I really don't want this thread to turn into another bash arsenal or compare with US ak thread. I want it to be a informative thread and if the video comes out to show that the arsenal is a steaming pile of crap, then so be it. But keep in mind, as with any product, US made or not, one lemon doesn't make up for the whole line.

Member #
    Liked
    1486 times
    If the finish flaking after an extreme volume of heat on the barrel in a short period of time is the only vice of this rifle, then let me put an order in for one. I empathize with those that are paying a premium for this "premium" AK but the amount of drama going into some flaky paint and surface rust is comical at best. I am willing to wager that the majority of individuals purchasing this "premium" AK are doing it as an investment and will shoot it very little anyways for these issues to even arise. I would see this as an opportunity to repaint it as something to do on a Sunday afternoon.
    22many, Arik, Fjordforder and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlado View Post
    If the finish flaking after an extreme volume of heat on the barrel in a short period of time is the only vice of this rifle, then let me put an order in for one. I empathize with those that are paying a premium for this "premium" AK but the amount of drama going into some flaky paint and surface rust is comical at best.
    The review/ torture test is far from over After 90 rds. the finish started to have issues?
    Other than this issue, I'm hoping it performs well.
    Last edited by KOTOC-79; 05-01-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors