Texas Weapon Systems dog leg rail gen 3 vs Fab defence Picatinny Scope Mount Dust Cov
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Atomic Punk
  • 1 Post By akraider
  • 1 Post By dixy2k

Thread: Texas Weapon Systems dog leg rail gen 3 vs Fab defence Picatinny Scope Mount Dust Cov

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Texas Weapon Systems dog leg rail gen 3 vs Fab defence Picatinny Scope Mount Dust Cov

Hello , basically the title says it all , which ak/akm dust cover in your opinion is better and why?

Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    If your AK has the side plate, go with an RS Regulate mount. It is more likely to hold zero than either of those.
    jaspar4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Punk View Post
    If your AK has the side plate, go with an RS Regulate mount. It is more likely to hold zero than either of those.
    Thank you for your reply!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    505 times
    The side plate + RS Regulate is definitely a more reliable system that will hold zero really well and can stand a fair amount of abuse..I've gone to a Zenitco setup (B33 top cover w/B10u lower handguard)...it's definitely more spendy but it's tank-tuff and holds zero perfectly...if you watch the various ee boards you can save a bit of coin on the setup, that's how I got mine...

DSC01107.JPGDSC01109.JPGDSC01110.JPG
    jaspar4 likes this.
    Akforum member #234...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Beautiful!

Member #
    Liked
    1240 times
    I like the idea behind the retention system for Fab-Defense, but it lacks a good system in the front.
    TWS has a good retention point up front, but nothing meaningful in the rear. TWS also gets rid of the iron sights (something you don't want to do, especially with these covers).

Now, a combo of the two would be better, if the iron sights are retained somehow or if the AK-12/15 rear sights are available for a decent price and mounted on the rail.
    I know TWS also sells a peep hole style rear sight, but it's not something to get excited about.

The side rail remains, for now, the best alternative in terms of being sturdy and retaining Zero.
    They are roughly priced the same (+/- $40).

I don't like RS regulate because of the modularity design which makes use of too many screws. Probably something I am overthinking.
    There are similar systems with fixed rails (as in non adjustable) for almost the same price.

Of course one can always use some $40 Chinese side rails and call it "just as good".

In my opinion (as stated above) Zenitco has the best system in terms of being tough and maintain Zero, but it comes with a two prog penalty: 1) price, 2) very heavy
    jaspar4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    I like the idea behind the retention system for Fab-Defense, but it lacks a good system in the front.
    TWS has a good retention point up front, but nothing meaningful in the rear. TWS also gets rid of the iron sights (something you don't want to do, especially with these covers).

Now, a combo of the two would be better, if the iron sights are retained somehow or if the AK-12/15 rear sights are available for a decent price and mounted on the rail.
    I know TWS also sells a peep hole style rear sight, but it's not something to get excited about.

The side rail remains, for now, the best alternative in terms of being sturdy and retaining Zero.
    They are roughly priced the same (+/- $40).

I don't like RS regulate because of the modularity design which makes use of too many screws. Probably something I am overthinking.
    There are similar systems with fixed rails (as in non adjustable) for almost the same price.

Of course one can always use some $40 Chinese side rails and call it "just as good".

In my opinion (as stated above) Zenitco has the best system in terms of being tough and maintain Zero, but it comes with a two prog penalty: 1) price, 2) very heavy
    Very nice and very informative.Thank you!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors