Help With IDing the IZMASH OTB Scope Mount

Member #
    Liked
    466 times

Help With IDing the IZMASH OTB Scope Mount

Was at the swapper today and found a couple goodies from one of my favorite vendors. I spotted the pictured mount on a table and almost passed it by when the distinctive IZMASH/"Triangle" marking caught my eye. For $25.00, figured I could not miss. Got home and it mounts right up to the rail on my Bulgy '74. I looked but could not seem to find any reference to this mount on the Forum or Feebay. I like the fact it places the optic "over-the-bore". Not even sure what glass would be appropriate (26mm or 30mm tube?). In any event, would appreciate any thoughts or info...

Member #
    Liked
    397 times
    Damn it. Try to leave but the Forum pulls me back in. I had one of those back about 10 years ago. Some came in with the Saiga bolt action rifles. Those came in 3 fixed positions. Angled back towards the shooter, straight and angled forward. You can remove the spacer and lower it a bit. Used one of those mounts along with some other parts and made a makeshift scope mount for a Super Vepr. The rifle was of a side scope mount configuration.
    Last edited by misc; 11-13-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by misc View Post
    Damn it. Try to leave but the Forum pulls me back in. I had one of those back about 10 years ago. Some came in with the Saiga bolt action rifles. Those came in 3 fixed positions. Angled back towards the shooter, straight and angled forward. You can remove the spacer and lower it a bit. Used one of those mounts along with some other parts and made a makeshift scope mount for a Super Vepr. The rifle was of a side scope mount configuration.
    Thank you, Sir! Seems it would sit quite high with the spacer in place on a bolt rifle. From your mention the spacer could be removed and height reduced, maybe it is a utilitarian mount adaptable to several Soviet rifle types...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13449 times
    Cool mount, and you did not get burned on the price. Any ideas of what glass your going to use?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors