C39V2 and scope?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: C39V2 and scope?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

C39V2 and scope?

When it comes to the Century Arms C39V2 and a Primary Arms 1-6x scope (which I bought for my 300AAC), which would be the best method of mounting it... barrel mount, rear sight replacement mount, or a side-rail mount? Are there others I'm not considering?

Thanks all.

Member #
    Liked
    9322 times
    Side mount is best for scopes due to mass.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    4471 times
    Man I miss SuperDave.

That guy could make a leaky tampon funny.
    needs moar AK

or beer

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Man I miss SuperDave.

Are you implying that the C39v2 could in any way be associated with the words "fun," "funny," or "amusing"? Tell me, do you find it risible... When I say the name, Biggus Dickus?
    scottyb likes this.

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    4471 times
    Walleye likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    The best way to mount a scope to the C39v2 is by finding a different rifle to attach it with.
    scottyb and elmoreoocyte like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Man I miss SuperDave.

DwhhVnEWoAEc2VP.jpg
    scottyb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The best way to mount a scope to the C39v2 is by finding a different rifle to attach it with.
    Yeah, I figured I'd get one of these type comments.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Side mount is best for scopes due to mass.
    I have the Red Army AK Micro Dot Side Mount, but I figured that isn't... strong enough (not to mention the proprietary fitment)?? What other side-rail mounts fit the C39v2, that's beefy enough for a scope?

Member #
    Liked
    9322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdave67 View Post
    I have the Red Army AK Micro Dot Side Mount, but I figured that isn't... strong enough (not to mention the proprietary fitment)?? What other side-rail mounts fit the C39v2, that's beefy enough for a scope?
    Probably not so much strength but not enough support. I have a Midwest Industries AK 30mm scope mount but it only fits on my AES-10B with the cheap scope I put on it (the zoom ring is a hair too large for my other AKs). I'd probably just get a generic picatinny rail sidemount and set it up with some rings nowadays. Not a lot of good options for the AK in this regard, but red dots are a bit better than scopes for the AK in my book.

Member #
    Liked
    4471 times
    The magic mount should work for a side mounted option but in reality sell the Century and buy something better like a WASR.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdave67 View Post
    Yeah, I figured I'd get one of these type comments.
    That's because you're asking for advice putting lipstick on a grenade.
    scottyb and Walleye like this.
    "God's away on business."

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    That's because you're asking for advice putting lipstick on a grenade.
    It always cracks me up how many folks throw out the standard "if it ain't arsenal it ain't shit responses" then go on to recommend WASR or some other variant as superior. I often wonder if they have ever fired a Century product or just believe all the bubba hype about what a POS they are? Anyone in the manufacturing game can lay and egg, it's what they do after the fact that matters. I have a 39V2 pistol that runs like a champ. It serves the purpose I bought it for very well. I also have an early Century 5.45 AK that is built with Bulgarian parts that has a spud receiver and all the parts are aligned and assembled correctly, it too runs like a champ.

As to the original poster, the Midwest side mount is a solid method of mounting optics whether it be scope or red dot. Worth taking a look at.

Member #
    Liked
    4471 times
    Yep, and the Century fanbois always can not accept the fact that they bought a piece of dangerous junk.

I will also add that back before I knew better I bought a C39V2 rifle and eventually sold it, at a loss, very happily.

When you buy a Century made weapon you are gambling with your life.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 12 View Post
    It always cracks me up how many folks throw out the standard "if it ain't arsenal it ain't shit responses" then go on to recommend WASR or some other variant as superior. I often wonder if they have ever fired a Century product or just believe all the bubba hype about what a POS they are? Anyone in the manufacturing game can lay and egg, it's what they do after the fact that matters. I have a 39V2 pistol that runs like a champ. It serves the purpose I bought it for very well. I also have an early Century 5.45 AK that is built with Bulgarian parts that has a spud receiver and all the parts are aligned and assembled correctly, it too runs like a champ.

As to the original poster, the Midwest side mount is a solid method of mounting optics whether it be scope or red dot. Worth taking a look at.
    Get off your high horse. My first AK was an IO. Luckily, it was an early STG which was basically the early 00s equivalent of an M&M10. It's a WASR with a 90 degree block and weird furniture.

People shit on Century made guns (parts kits are hit or miss) like the RAS and C39 because they're built with shit by shit people. Doubling down on your shit decision by arguing with people who apparently know more than you is your hill to die on.
    Walleye likes this.
    "God's away on business."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors