Ken RSA trigger help please.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ken RSA trigger help please.

I put one in my sar-1 along time ago , when I got my sar at aims for only 260.00 . My Q is , is there any way I can tell if the trig. is set right without shooting it ??? And if so ,then how do I keep it right ???

Never done this stuff before !!!
    Sorry ...

Thanks for any help !!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    AAAAAAHHHHH ..... I can feel the love !!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I do not have the RSA unit. Until someone comes along that does you can cover the basics. Check chamber. Hand cycle to cock hammer, pull trigger. Hammer falls? Pull trigger all the way back and hold it there while you pull bolt carrier all the way back and then let it go. Release trigger, then pull the trigger. Hammer should fall. Cock hammer again and put safety ON, pull trigger. Don't want to hear anything here. Lastly, cock hammer and slam the butt of rifle onto whatever ground you're standing on. Again. Hammer should not fall.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thShock
    I do not have the RSA unit. Until someone comes along that does you can cover the basics. Check chamber. Hand cycle to cock hammer, pull trigger. Hammer falls? Pull trigger all the way back and hold it there while you pull bolt carrier all the way back and then let it go. Release trigger, then pull the trigger. Hammer should fall. Cock hammer again and put safety ON, pull trigger. Don't want to hear anything here. Lastly, cock hammer and slam the butt of rifle onto whatever ground you're standing on. Again. Hammer should not fall.
    Ok did all that does this mean I'm good to go ???
    do i have to put any lock tight on anything ???

Oh thank you very much for your help !!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would shoot the thing. Load one round in the magazine, point the rifle downrange and chamber the round, fire it and then pull the trigger on the now empty chamber. You should hear the hammer fall and when you do you should be good to start dealing in some serious lead.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooly
    Ok did all that does this mean I'm good to go ???
    do i have to put any lock tight on anything ???

Oh thank you very much for your help !!!
    I used one in my SAR-2, and I can't say enough positive things about it. It is the most sophisticated and well made FCG currently available. However, I highly recommend that you use loc-tite. Mine came packaged with a small green tube of it. I adjusted my trigger and didn't use threadlocker; and a few trips to the range later I could tell that it was out of adjustment. It gets worse, a few hundred rounds after that; a screw had shifted enough that my rifle was rendered inoperable. The trigger was locked up. I didn't have the hex wrench in my range bag, but I was able to use a pocket knife to get the rifle running again.

After that, I tuned it again using loc-tite and didn't have any more problems for several hundred rounds until I removed it. I use a G-2 FCG now. It is relatively crude but good enough to get the job done. They get smoother with time, but don't have the precise feel and slackless safety lock up. (I'm too lazy to polish mine, I just shoot it.) I'm going to install the RSA set in my friends ROMAK-3 as I've found that I shoot just as well with the G-2 set. His rifle will benefit much more from a match trigger than my SAR-2.

It's been so long since I tuned mine that I can't remember exactly how I did it. I do remember that I adjusted the pre-travel screw first to make my safety lever lock up nice and tight. (The screw located to the extreme rear of the trigger.) After that I "think" I adjusted over-travel until I had a reasonably safe measure of contact between the hammer shelf and the trigger hook while still keeping the pull short.

I hope this helps, it's been almost two years since I made adjustments to the one that I used to have in my rifle. It's even possible that they've revised the design since then.

Sponsors