Canted RSB? Loose GB pins...

Member #
    Liked
    97 times

Canted RSB? Loose GB pins...

So I’m starting work on this previously built Bulgarian 74 kit with a supposed OG barrel.

prob #1: I replaced the de-bayo lugged gas block and front sight. Fit was just about right with the pre-drilled replacements. But one of the gas block pins is very loose. I reused the old pins and one can be pushed out with finger pressure. Oversized pins an answer?

Prob #2: the RSB on this thing is very canted to the left. Like more than I’ve seen on any other AK I’ve had. I’ll let the experts decide. How bad is this? I would like to straighten it up proper. My guess is I would drive out the pin, dead blow hammer it straight, attempt to repin. If that doesn’t work, I’ll have to ream larger and use bigger pins. Ideas? Is it worth the effort or within normal ak range?

I just want to build this little guy up right. Now that I’m looking at it, it may be that the RSB is lined up with the hg retainer cutouts. I’m out of the house now so I’ll have to look later.

Member #
    Liked
    4379 times
    Couple things you can do on the fsb pin. If it's not too loose you can stick the 3mm pin in a vise and bend it a little. That will give it tension.
    If that isn't enough 1/8" is about 6 thousand bigger.
    For the rsb before you demil the stubs ,pull the pin and stick it vertically in a heavy vise and use a big crescent wrench to twist it.
    I wouldn't go off what you see by eye between the trunnion and sought base though.
    Double check it on a good surface of the bottom of receiver in relation to the sight base.
    Actually I'd probably wait till you have it in a new receiver.
    Sometimes I like to sit the magwell on something rather than the front of the receiver.
    Attached Images
    not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7.62 View Post
    Couple things you can do on the fsb pin. If it's not too loose you can stick the 3mm pin in a vise and bend it a little. That will give it tension.
    If that isn't enough 1/8" is about 6 thousand bigger.
    For the rsb before you demil the stubs ,pull the pin and stick it vertically in a heavy vise and use a big crescent wrench to twist it.
    I wouldn't go off what you see by eye between the trunnion and sought base though.
    Double check it on a good surface of the bottom of receiver in relation to the sight base.
    Actually I'd probably wait till you have it in a new receiver.
    Sometimes I like to sit the magwell on something rather than the front of the receiver.
    Excellent stuff, sir. I’ll have a receiver Tuesday and hopefully have it in there soon after. It’s going to be a beauty when I’m done. 🙂

Sponsors