ALG Trigger. Hard use issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ALG Trigger. Hard use issues

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm one of the newbies on this forum, but do they(Tac Response) have something against ALG or something? Or just a coincidence someone noticed?

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
    I'm one of the newbies on this forum, but do they(Tac Response) have something against ALG or something? Or just a coincidence someone noticed?
    It's just been slander against the Tapco G2 so far, but who knows. ALG probably isn't giving them free shit or paying them to endorse them like Century does, so it'll be junk and not tactical enough for them. The mighty hands of the Yeager militia men can destroy all, but the finest products apparently.

m03

Member #
    Liked
    1253 times
    Well, other things to consider from the OP's story:

1) If true, the gun itself clearly had other issues that may have been a major contributing factor in the failure. The original FCG did not working properly either, after all. It may have had badly misaligned FCG holes, that would eventually cause issue with *any* FCG installed in the gun.

2) As a first post, posting a five paragraph story with the goal of criticizing a product, with no apparent desire to interact on the forum in any other meaningful way, seems pretty unusual.
    WTB: PO3.5x21p with 7.62 reticle

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    I just installed an ALG in my SLR. Is there anyone else here with a few thousand rounds through their rifle with the ALG?

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    ALG AKT Trigger Review - Page 3 - The AK Files Forums
    Scroll down to post 88...

Although it appears as if that disconnector has another hole near the disconnector spring hole in the opposite axis. Some pictures online have them with the hole, some without.

Edit, just checked mine, it has the hole...damnit.
    Last edited by twobyfour; 11-21-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    Interesting. It looks like it began to shear a little and snapped. Could be it was too hard or that secondary hole could be a weak point. I'd like to think ALG tested the crap out of these before release. It could also be a problem with a specific gun (s) and the disco is bottoming out before it should. This seems like the most likely cause. Especially for it to break at such a low round count.
    Last edited by Visceral_Malice; 11-22-2015 at 10:37 AM.

m03

Member #
    Liked
    1253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twobyfour View Post
    Mine has the same hole, and it's one of the more recent FCG sets that included the secondary spring.

Maybe this was a design change that wasn't thoroughly tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Visceral_Malice View Post
    It could also be a problem with a specific gun (s) and the disco is bottoming out before it should. This seems like the most likely cause. Especially for it to break at such a low round count.
    Eh, the disconnector is supposed to bottom out there. It should have been designed with that in mind.
    WTB: PO3.5x21p with 7.62 reticle

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    The two ALG AKT sets that I have installed don't have a hole through the disconnector spring cup. They are both the first version without the heavier spring also. It seems this may be a change in the production post design and testing stage.

Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan; 11-22-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twobyfour View Post
    ALG AKT Trigger Review - Page 3 - The AK Files Forums
    Scroll down to post 88...

Although it appears as if that disconnector has another hole near the disconnector spring hole in the opposite axis. Some pictures online have them with the hole, some without.

Thanks was looking for this post. There's one more too. I'm looking for it...

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Does anyone know what the normal gap should be between the disconnector tail and the stop rivet on the bottom of the receiver once the hammer engages? Does the disconnector actually over travel at all or does the hammer latch on and prevent it from bottoming out? Mine has about 3/32" of a gap once the hammer latches on, however I can push the disconnector all the way to the rivet somewhat easily. I received an email response today from ALG when I asked about it:

"Good Afternoon Kyle,

Thank you for contacting us. We have tested the AK-T on a variety of rifles and have not had an issue. However, make sure that the disconnect is not hitting the rivet on the underside in such a way that it is causing issues. If this happens, you may have to fit the disconnect to make room for the rivet. I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank You,
    Charlie"

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Isn't there another thread from what sounds like the same person, who was wearing out Tapco triggers? I should go looking I guess.
    I just bought two ALG sets, haven't decided which set to replace w/one of them to test. I have two w/G2 so I had thought about one of those, all Cugir WASR.
    This will give me one each of Power Custom, Tapco, ALG, and an unmarked FCG I assume to be the standard trigger from Cugir. From what I see on the two posts concerning these FCG failures', I'm going to need a minimum of 5000 rounds per firearm. I want to do a controlled test, so I prefer the ammo to all be the same, I'm thinking Yugo, (M67 is it?), comes on strippers, easier to load.
    I'm now accepting donations, ammo neatly packaged in Russian Aluminum Waffle or Bakelite magazines preferred, to save weight/shipping cost. However, I will accept sealed spam cans.
    Ship to my assistant, at The 420 North Company Colby, KS 67701 mark package "Hold for Pickup". Or to Shady S#!t Trigger Test Middle of Nowhere, NE 69123-4567

I thank you and Science thanks you, together, we can bring a close to this contensious subject, and get back to real concerns like Lamar and Kim.

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Har har.

dvs

Member #
    The Peoples Demokratik Republik Of Kalefornia
    Liked
    336 times
    I wonder if the spring hole is too large perhaps or slightly too deep allowing a stress fracture to develop...

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dvs View Post
    I wonder if the spring hole is too large perhaps or slightly too deep allowing a stress fracture to develop...
    I'm thinking it's just from repeated smashing onto the bottom rivet for rifles that fit the fcg differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors