White 545 followers
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jekbrown

Thread: White 545 followers

Member #
    Liked
    56 times

White 545 followers

What's the story with these? I've seen zillions of steel and plum/black polyamide followers in 545 mags, but not so many white or cream colored ones. Commerical? Drunk commie forgot to add the dye pellets?

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    They were probably made to be California compliant. No color means it canít be associated with a black rifle.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Well yeah, but being white in CA isn't cool either...so you'd think they'd go with a less offensive color? 🙂 Seriously though, I'm not sure why the commies would do this.

Seems like these are most commonly seen on plum/black Molot ribbed 45 rounders, but considering how common it is for abnormal stuff to be installed by commie factories, commie armorer's, commie exporters, importers, and regular gun owners that get their hands on them in the USA, that isn't really proof of anything.
    Last edited by jekbrown; 04-06-2020 at 11:04 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Mostly in the true black 45ís from what Iíve seen but like you say anything is swappable. Hereís one in my black tho..my plum has a plum follower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Does your TB also have a white plastic locking plate? I've seen pics of some of those as well. In any case, I really wonder what the story is with these. Don't really care if they are "rare" or expensive or whatever, really just curious about what they were thinking. If it is a Molot True Black era thing, it shouldn't be "lost to history", not yet anyway!

Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Yeah maybe itís just a Molot thing idk. Hereís the guts

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Cool thanks. All the examples I've seen have been installed on Molot mags, which certainly suggests that they are the original source even if the occasional one pops up on a different kind of 545 mag. Commie mags have always been tricky, but the Russian ban on exporting certain mil items has made it even worse. It's pretty common for mag bodies and their internal parts to be shipped over seperatly, and even that alone could result in all kinds of parts swapping at various stages.
    PhilRazz likes this.

Sponsors