Magazine identification

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Magazine identification

Can anyone tell me anything about this magazine? It has the spot welds on the feed lips indicative to Russian mags, but the stamps are throwing me off.
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    That looks like an Ishevsk 'arrow in a triangle' in the third photo. Top triangle has numbers though, so I'm not sure about that.

It could be an Ishevsk magazine that's been bounced around a few arsenals and been stamped with various marks. I have one Ishevsk mag that made a pitstop in Poland before getting imported into the US, it has a struck out serial number which probably matched whichever rifle it once was attached to.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    [QUOTE=BobtheButcher;2913173]That looks like an Ishevsk 'arrow in a triangle' in the third photo. Top triangle has numbers though, so I'm not sure about that.

It could be an Ishevsk magazine that's been bounced around a few arsenals and been stamped with various marks. I have one Ishevsk mag that made a pitstop in Poland before getting imported into the US, it has a struck out serial number which probably matched whichever rifle it once was attached to.[/QUOT

Thanks for the reply, bud. I was thinking the same. Hopefully someone comes along to clear everything up, I'm now very curious.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

jms

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    From what I can see in your pics I would say it is an early Romanian. The arrow inside the triangle does not have tail feathers. That is the Romanian arsenal mark.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    From what I can see in your pics I would say it is an early Romanian. The arrow inside the triangle does not have tail feathers. That is the Romanian arsenal mark.
    I can definitely see that. Did the Romanians ever have the spot welds on the feed lips?

Member #
    Liked
    365 times
    I'd put money on that being Romanian. The arrow in the triangle, though faint, looks more like their stamp than an Izhmash mark. They spot welded the bajesus out of those things, too.
    WTB Magazines: Bosnian Single Rib, Pakistani Steel 40 Round, Egyptian Waffle, and all other rare 7.62x39 magazines.

Sponsors