New Zastava Serbian AK47 magazines versus Croatian AK47 magazines - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Zastava Serbian AK47 magazines versus Croatian AK47 magazines

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3597 times
    There are variations in the magazine profiles as there are in the center supports, magwells and bullet guide/trunnion locking area. Fitment can vary from rifle to rifle and mag to mag..

Mods required are generally pretty minor in my experience. Many modification details on the www about the various BHO mags. High quality MAGS.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    As long as com block surplus are available at competitive prices I would stick with them. Although I have plenty of croats, I might try the zastavas perhaps. Thanks for the info AKBLUE.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by motorolanut View Post
    As long as com block surplus are available at competitive prices I would stick with them. Although I have plenty of croats, I might try the zastavas perhaps. Thanks for the info AKBLUE.
    hey buddy, I've got a TON of the new Zastava mags ,and honestly, I can't tell a lick of difference between the Yugo surplus and the new Zastavas... they're effing ROCK solid and except for that slightly thicker back lug that sometimes requires filing, work 100% of the time in ALL my rifles. Same as the Yugo surplus. They're helluva value, and just as good as the old Yugo ones as they're made in the same plant with the same blue prints.

I like them better than the croats actually

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
    hey buddy, I've got a TON of the new Zastava mags ,and honestly, I can't tell a lick of difference between the Yugo surplus and the new Zastavas... they're effing ROCK solid and except for that slightly thicker back lug that sometimes requires filing, work 100% of the time in ALL my rifles. Same as the Yugo surplus. They're helluva value, and just as good as the old Yugo ones as they're made in the same plant with the same blue prints.

I like them better than the croats actually
    Good to know thanks, if I see a small sale on them I will pick em up for shits and giggles.

I wonder why the croats and zastavas have NO third rib by the floor plate unlike mil surplus mags that do? Seems like all commercial copies are missing that third bottom rib...Hmmm.
    Last edited by motorolanut; 03-21-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3597 times
    Good to know thanks, if I see a small sale on them I will pick em up for shits and giggles.

I wonder why the croats and zastavas have NO third rib by the floor plate unlike mil surplus mags that do? Seems like all commercial copies are missing that third bottom rib...Hmmm.
    Chinese nor Zastava mags have a third bottom rib. Just a design difference and neither were USSR aligned as were Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria etc.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Chinese nor Zastava mags have a third bottom rib. Just a design difference and neither were USSR aligned as were Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria etc.
    Thanks for the info. It appears then the third rib is a very minor cosmetic rather than a major structural rigidity improvement. Otherwise I would think the other countries would copy the USSR 100%. Probably one less step in making a simpler stamping die. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Rise necro thread! These Zastavas never came back on the market all the sellers I know are still outta stock. Wonder if Zastava production ceased last FY18?

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Rise necro thread! These Zastavas never came back on the market all the sellers I know are still outta stock. Wonder if Zastava production ceased last FY18?
    I noticed that as well. I still have 21 of them luckily, which I'll hang on to. they fit in my tight magwelled' wasr 10 better than most others

Member #
    Liked
    421 times
    I agree with AKBLUE on his statements. I've got 5 types of BHO mags and they all work. A few needed fitting but it was fun playing with them.
    "The enemy will never see the backs of my Texans" - Gen. Robert E. Lee CSA

Member #
    Liked
    488 times
    I have 3 of the Croatian mags and the work fine in several of my AKs but will not work in my milled Yugo M70.
    Not even close but every other surplus mags work in the Yugo with no issues.
    I had to do a ton of grinding on the the mags to get them to insert and lock in.
    BHO on an AK mag just is not something I have to have and the bolt drops anyway when you take the mag out.

Member #
    Liked
    1121 times
    I feel the same about the BHO.^^^ I only have them for my Yugo M70 underfolder to keep it original.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3597 times
    I purchased 42 of the Croatian mags for $5.20 each. Well worth the price even if needing a bit of mods. Cut several down for BHO 20's etc.
    ikarus1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

New Zastava Serbian AK47 magazines versus Croatian AK47 magazines

I have an inexpensive WASR 10 and I bought 10 of the 30 round Croatian and two 10 round ones. None of them fit. I used the sanding discs on my Dremel and had to sand just below the feed lips and then some to make them fit. Took about 4 hours. Had to test fit each one so had use CLP to get metal dust off to test fit one magazine.

I used some flat black Krylon paint to touch up the bare metal. They cost $11.95 for the 30 round and $12.95 for a 10 round.

Last edited by Tony617; 06-22-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Metal Dave likes this.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3597 times
    Nice job^^^^

A draw file and some cold blue can speed up that fitting process a bit.

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Hopefully the Zastava Arms USA will be offering new imported 30 round mags and other Zastava parts .
    TRAAK's likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors