Are Croatian mags GTG yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelblaster View Post
    Hi Richard and Or Apex gun Part representative, I totally understand why you would not want someone to use your advertisements for there own gain. I assumed a single line of info that protects customers would fine as it is in the general interest of the both our customers to have this info. If it makes you feel better I'll go ahead and rearrange the words, That way my customers will still be able to make a smart, and informed choice while not being the same wording as yours site. Also next time you have a message for me please have the professional courtesy to send an email rather than posting a dramatic oversized message on a forum.

Thanks Mike.
    I would feel better if you shared your own customers experiences and your own efforts at testing magazine fitment.
    My people spent a good amount of effort trying the Zastava magazines in various rifles we brought in and also capturing our customers feedback.
    We also had to take the time to update our advert.

Professional courtesy is something I generally practice.
    However, since you chose to use the APEX company name when promoting your product sales instead of sticking to the positives of the product and your own company (example below)

"We have these in stock right now at akoptions, $8.98 per mag when you buy 10 or more. Plus we do $10 flat rate shipping! exact same mags from the same source that apex gets them."

I tend to get a bit upset and might respond in manner that isn't as professional as is expected of me/APEX Gun Parts.
    Also, this isn't the first time you mention being offered product from the same source as us (RE. Galil kits)
    Be professional and I will show the same professionalism in return.

Richard

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    They are better made than the korean ones. They do not fit all Ak s t, but all you need is a little dremel on the fit lips. They are as good as other mag.

通过我的 F5121 上的 Tapatalk发言

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexGunParts View Post
    I would feel better if you shared your own customers experiences and your own efforts at testing magazine fitment.
    My people spent a good amount of effort trying the Zastava magazines in various rifles we brought in and also capturing our customers feedback.
    We also had to take the time to update our advert.

Professional courtesy is something I generally practice.
    However, since you chose to use the APEX company name when promoting your product sales instead of sticking to the positives of the product and your own company (example below)

"We have these in stock right now at akoptions, $8.98 per mag when you buy 10 or more. Plus we do $10 flat rate shipping! exact same mags from the same source that apex gets them."

I tend to get a bit upset and might respond in manner that isn't as professional as is expected of me/APEX Gun Parts.
    Also, this isn't the first time you mention being offered product from the same source as us (RE. Galil kits)
    Be professional and I will show the same professionalism in return.

Richard
    Hi again Richard. I apologize if you somehow took my use of the Apex name in the above forum post as derogatory or disparaging. It was not meant to be so. In fact the opposite was meant when I used the apex name in the quoted line about the mags. The purpose was to lend credibility to the mags by saying they are carried by an outlet that we all trust and that the product I have are truly the same thing. So again please do not think that I was attempting to belittle or in any other way bring negative feeling toward Apex.
    As for the following:
    "I would feel better if you shared your own customers experiences and your own efforts at testing magazine fitment.
    We also had to take the time to update our advert."

I truly do not see a problem in making sure that customers have all the information I can provide them. I appreciate that you and yours spent time and energy gathering this information and I trust it to be true. With that in mind, I believe it would be irresponsible for me to knowingly leave that information unsaid when selling the product just because your people gathered the data rather than me doing it myself. I have only sold about 150 mags so far and if I was to wait for this info to come from my own customers while ignoring the info you already gathered and shared publicly I would be doing a disservice to the customers buying from me in the meantime. I do however fully understand why you would be upset about the use of the same wording and regret my lack of effort to present the information in a different manner.

Perhaps this and the above are shortcomings in my way of thinking but I also am unsure what is wrong with referencing that one of our sources for potential product might be the same? I don't think I have said anything negative and am honestly a little confused about what was unprofessional about that statement. Like I said perhaps that is a problem with my viewpoint and/or the short time I've been in the industry but I truly don't see it.

I do apologize for any perceived offence and will respond from here on out through email if I feel a response is needed.

Thanks again
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    I too agree that it is a good practice to provide your customers with as much information as is practically possible.
    In the case of the Zastava magazines the importer was not able to supply much more than basic info.
    I too have been in that situation with a variety of products.
    What would have been the best course of action (and has usually worked for me) would have been to e-mail or call the person or company that has experience with the product and ask what info they can willingly supply.
    PM's don't work on most all the boards I belong to, its e-mail or call.
    I have a whole bunch of "friendly competitors" and we often share product info, even buying from each other.
    In the course of those conversations I learn what I cannot share publicly or with other retailers.
    That brings us to the topic of "sources".
    The unwritten rule of retail and especially surplus importation is that no source wants to be "known", and importers rarely state what country or broker supplied their product.
    I have seen surplus deals ruined because someone stated openly where the material was coming from.

For APEX I try and avoid speculation, focus on the product and what my company can do for my customer and try to improve where possible.

Richard

Member #
    Liked
    1291 times
    MAGA- let's get this show on the road!

Sans Remords

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    OCMD - Obsessive Compulsive Magazine Disorder

Member #
    Liked
    196 times

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    sweet lord... smdh

get a room
    Last edited by wormraper; 10-09-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Sounds like the rich guys are fighting over who gets our money.

And that means dancing banana time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just want to say I'm new here but nbreot new to firearms or AKs,I was an ffl from 93 to 96,back in the great post communist breakup and subsequent flood of the most amazing variety of surplus military small arms ever!back on point I just want to say that Apex Gun Parts is a fantastic company to do business with,every order I've received has been equal or usually better than described, and I agree with Richard about others using his companies ad or design, it's wrong and they deserve to be called on it,personally I will always go to Apex first,only if they don't have what I need will o then look elsewhere, so far if they don't have it,usually yugo parts,I'll be hard pressed to find it elsewhere, still looking for a gas block w bayonet lug for my Opap,if anyone knows where I can find one that isn't ridiculously overpriced please lmk,due to my current unemployed status I'm trying to sell my Opap,lmk if anyone is interested, excellent condition, under 500 rounds thru it
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    My Crotain mags worked fine after 3 or 4 minutes of hand filing. I won't hesitate to buy more.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    They are fine magazine. File them to fit your ak

通过我的 F5121 上的 Tapatalk发言

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I made a bunch of window mags out of them that I'll be selling. Just had to file the lug a little.

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    I have one. Got it from Jestice, not that it matters.
    It fits my WASRS fine. Haven't used it yet. Too pretty to be thrown in the dirt.
    Last edited by crslasher; 01-11-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    All Wars are Bankers' Wars

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. You are a den of vipers and thieves."

- Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors