AK47 Operators Guild Shop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: AK47 Operators Guild Shop

Member #
    Liked
    90 times

AK47 Operators Guild Shop

With some help from my wife we moved the Drill Press and 20 Ton Hydraulic press into the new build shop......room. Its 8x21 and should be enough space to get the build groove on. I will move all the boxes and bikes out. Wednesday I am moving a friend to a new house so not much will get done tomorrow. Thursday will see more "stuff" moved in. Not sure when my parts kits will arrive. Once they arrive I will order my Receivers. Im told 3 weeks before they arrive after ordered.

IMG_4087.jpg
    MPiKM-72 and scottyb like this.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    One question. Can I use the serial number on the parts kits as the serial number I will have them engrave on the receivers? Seems like the logical way to do it but don't know.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times

Serial / Date

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Comapny View Post
    One question. Can I use the serial number on the parts kits as the serial number I will have them engrave on the receivers? Seems like the logical way to do it but don't know.
    Yes , I have used just the serial number or date plus serial. If by some chance your number is already in use you can add the year and your odds of it being available are greater. I have done both.
    Bad Comapny and scottyb like this.
    "America does not need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant.
    America needs to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPI View Post
    Yes , I have used just the serial number or date plus serial. If by some chance your number is already in use you can add the year and your odds of it being available are greater. I have done both.
    . Excellent. The date as part of the serial number is great!

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Comapny View Post
    With some help from my wife we moved the Drill Press and 20 Ton Hydraulic press into the new build shop......room. Its 8x21 and should be enough space to get the build groove on. I will move all the boxes and bikes out. Wednesday I am moving a friend to a new house so not much will get done tomorrow. Thursday will see more "stuff" moved in. Not sure when my parts kits will arrive. Once they arrive I will order my Receivers. Im told 3 weeks before they arrive after ordered.

IMG_4087.jpg

Your off to a good start, knowing how addicting AK's are I look forward to seeing this build room in a few months! Best of luck to you, it's awesome the family is involved too.
    Bad Comapny likes this.
    "America does not need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant.
    America needs to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants"

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Well I finished moving my friend out and into his new place. Came home and my son walked in the door. Time to put the teenager to work. We cleaned out a space in the garage and went to work. New shop area was cleaned and we started bringing in all the cabinets and work tables. Took about 2 hours and looks good. I need to figure out my work flow then bolt down the Hydraulic Press and Drill Press. The shop really needs a bunch of posters with some scantily clad beautiful women holding AKs. My son said "Mom won't like that, but that's a great idea!" Heres a few pics.
    Attached Images
    dixy2k, GTPI, scottyb and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    My PCP's exam room isn't that clean .
    Bad Comapny and scottyb like this.
    "Since the defense of our states and our country contemplates the militia fighting against organized armies of regular soldiers, then the argument of the gun-grabbers that regular citizens don't need assault weapons of the types designed for military use is clearly nonsense." The Liberty Tree

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Primary Care Patient?

Well its a newish house. We are just renting for now but suspect we will buy. We shall see.
    Last edited by Bad Comapny; 01-29-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Well I had two patients in today as well. My two needed grip replacements. Two things I learned. I need more lighting at night. During the day its flooded with natural light. But at night it is woefully lacking especially with my aging eyes. The other thing I learned is I really need a wall mounted gun rack when I am working on multiple guns. So next on my list is to find some type of articulated spot lights as well as replacing the one dead and two low wattage ceiling mounted lights. I also will build a wall mounted gun rack to make things easier. BUT FIRST I need to level out all the work benches. I also need some type of level work spot to check Plum and Level on the rifles/sights ect. I saw a Granite level pad that I may be able to pick up. Well I wont "pick it up" as it weighs about 2 tons. Its 4x4 and about 18" thick. Has a metal base used to hold the granite and level it. BUT I'm getting ahead of myself.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bad Comapny; 01-29-2020 at 10:27 PM.
    scottyb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Love those TangoDown grips. The wife loves it too.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    606 times
    Looks like your going to have a very nice shop. I love a clean set up
    Bad Comapny likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    I hate working in a mess. I understand that sometimes you just have more stuff than space. We moved from a much bigger house and a 3,000 roughly square foot shop to a smaller house and a undersized 2 car garage. No 220 volt in the garage so my industrial air compressor is still sitting in its protective wrap I put it in for the move. Not to mention the fact there are only two 110 volt plugs in the garage......WTF! The garage is barely big enough for my tools and crap. Originally I was going to fill that Office room with a bunch of stuff from the garage but then I would have been working around everything in the garage. No thank you. So this was the best solution.

Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    And not a single coffee maker. SMH
    Bad Comapny likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5663 times
    Sweet shop setup!
    Bad Comapny likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Love your shop..I am wishing I had a indoor shop like you made, my garage shop is too cold to work very long right now. Looking forward to warmer weather..
    Bad Comapny likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors