Galil ar first build
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AZAK

Thread: Galil ar first build

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

Galil ar first build

As the title says.Kit,reciever no problem.But and original IMI barrel seems to be somewhat elusive (5.56) Speak to a first timer.Do I truly need an imi,or am I being too picky? Resale value is not a concern,never going to sell it. I have an original Action Arms,and would like to have another as a sacrificial range gun.
    I have ammo older than my ex-wife

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4112 times
    Were I in the situation you describe (own the real deal already, want a good range gun) I would opt for a US barrel. IMI barrel certainly will be far more expensive if you can find it, but not superior functionally. Virgin IMI barrels are very hard to find, and pulled barrels can be a PITA to build with.
    scottyb likes this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Thank you for the reply. I've been searching barrels today. It appears that it will be the Lewis and Black. The side folder on those are incredibly stable. I feel that kit is a good buy for the money. I think I can pull off a nice rifle for approximately $1,400. I can't even find a rough original Galil at that price.
    I have ammo older than my ex-wife

Sponsors