Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andyman
  • 1 Post By Pookie

Thread: AMD65 @ classicfirearms

Member #
    Liked
    46 times

AMD65 @ classicfirearms

Ok, so at this price it seems too good to be true and that’s what a lot of the reviews are leading me to believe. A good AMD65 parts kit goes for about $300. So how the hell is this kit selling for $320 with a barrel that is populated and headspaced? I know it’s not a short barrel with a welded and pinned extension, but I don’t care about that. From the reviews it sounds like the barrel is soft metal garbage and if you have to start pressing fixtures out because they don’t fit right or are canted, you’re going to get some serious galling. I believe several hundred of these were imported a year or two ago and were actually on sale for $280 as of Christmas last year. Does anyone here have any experience with this? Is it something to stay away from? I have a feeling it is, but wanted to check first.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd6...project762x39/

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I hate classic with a passion so would not even consider them if they were selling for $100. Pass.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3356 times
    I have experienced pretty good service and products from Classic.
    I think I purchased one of these when they were $279 on a sale a couple of years ago.

The gas port size was a question., but is good.
    Dunno about the barrel hardness.
    Have not done anything with the kit yet.
    Too many other projects/ builds in front of that kit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Do yourself a favor and stay away from Classic.

I have bought from them, and yes there were no issues aside from my CC being hijacked. I personally find Big Sweaty Ben and his fellow confidants to be a jolly bag of dicks. The business is dishonest, and I suspect those parts kits are leftovers from the AMD parts kit builds they've been selling for some time. Now, I could be wrong with that assumption, but either way, they probably came from the same source if not. It doesn't really matter though, as none of us will ever truly know because they (Classic) lie about everything. I owned one of the Classic AMD bastardized rifles and it was a piece of shit. The barrel was super shit, and from what I've heard, the parts had either defected or ruined heat treatment. That doesn't mean what was said is true, but c'mon, some of these boards have some real fucking wizards.

Support a business that actually gives a shit dude...

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Pookie; 09-14-2019 at 06:11 AM.
    Andyman likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    Waiting for someone to complain about a big sweaty palm print that ate through the cosmoline and halfway through the and finish of a $500 mosin.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3356 times
    ^^^^

Sponsors