Any experience with Apex barrels for milled kits
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sledge303
  • 1 Post By Bossman

Thread: Any experience with Apex barrels for milled kits

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Just wondering if anyone has used those barrels for any builds, and if so, what they thought of their quality? I ordered me a kit that’s supposed to come with one of these barrels I think, so I’m curious if they’re decent enough to build with, or if I should just get me another one from AK Builder instead when I actually put it all together.

These are the barrels I’m talking about.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/...rable-new.html

Member #
    Liked
    4947 times
    I picked up a few a while back for some milled builds I've been working on. I have not installed them yet. They look nice. Everything seems to be how it is supposed to be. At that price it was kind of a "why not?". I prefer to drill my own gas port so I got the undrilled version. The only marking I can find is a "G" (Green Mountain?)

What kit are you building?

Member #
    Liked
    5344 times
    They are excellent barrels ... my first build was on one.
    Back then I read a review by someone and the bottom line was it produced tighter groups than a factory barrel.
    BTW
    Yugoslavian milled and stamped receiver press and pin use the same barrel

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    I picked up a few a while back for some milled builds I've been working on. I have not installed them yet. They look nice. Everything seems to be how it is supposed to be. At that price it was kind of a "why not?". I prefer to drill my own gas port so I got the undrilled version. The only marking I can find is a "G" (Green Mountain?)

What kit are you building?
    This one would be for a milled yugo UF. I noticed Apex had a sale on them during labor day weekend so I ordered one of those milled yugo kits as well and it comes with that barrel. I won’t actually get to building the milled ones right away yet, but figured I ask since the barrels were cheap. Good to know they’re still good.
    Last edited by Haris122; 09-06-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nobody View Post
    They are excellent barrels ... my first build was on one.
    Back then I read a review by someone and the bottom line was it produced tighter groups than a factory barrel.
    BTW
    Yugoslavian milled and stamped receiver press and pin use the same barrel
    I got my kit today and while cleaning the barrel to make sure there’s no issues with it, I did notice the muzzle looked pretty tight. I got a round to check on how far the bullet goes in, and I have to say, it seems to be the tightest barrel of the ones I currently have, so I can see it definitely being accurate.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3363 times
    While both the Zastava and T3 use the same journal sizes the setback for the HGR slot and the RSB journal are not the same as T3.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    While both the Zastava and T3 use the same journal sizes the setback for the HGR slot and the RSB journal are not the same as T3.
    Good point. I didn’t think of checking that. I imagine they would’ve gave me one of the ones fhat would have the Zastava handguard slot cutout since it came as part of that kit but I need to look into that.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Looks like this particular barrel has the cutout where it should be for a Yugo.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris122 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used those barrels for any builds, and if so, what they thought of their quality? I ordered me a kit thatís supposed to come with one of these barrels I think, so Iím curious if theyíre decent enough to build with, or if I should just get me another one from AK Builder instead when I actually put it all together.

These are the barrels Iím talking about.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/rifles/...rable-new.html
    Looks like Troy at "In Range" built a Polish milled kit using a TortTort receiver and one of the milled barrels APEX sells:

http://inrangec2.com/one-of-my-favorite-builds-lately-its-for-one-of-our-friends-at-apex/

Mr Nobody likes this.
    Sledge
    "Ake Ake Kia Kaha e"

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I used one for my hybrid build, everything was great except the front sight base journal was a bit small, put a couple rings on it with a pipe cutter and it snugged right up.DSCN1564.jpgDSCN1563.jpg
    Mr Nobody likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors