venom tactical bolt-on gas block sight combo

Member #
    Liked
    1621 times

venom tactical bolt-on gas block sight combo

What's the word on these nifty little guys. I had read a lot of negative reviews on these in the past. Now I see some high end builds that are using them. Rifle Dynamics uses them on most of their builds. Have they been revised and better now? Would anybody recommend them? Or stay away.

AO7

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have one on my new rifle, yet to shoot it yet.

AO7

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    So I had some questions so I got to speak with Lenny I believe at Venom tactical and Casey at Rifle Dynamics about the FS/GB. Both stated that the shift does NOT need to be pinned and is only pinned why done by request. Lenny? Said that they only added the pilot hole for a pin after a customer brought it up. He said he has 4 guns with it installed and none are pinned. He said he runs his guns hard. He words were unless your going to use the Gas Block as a hammers to kill something there’s no need for a pin.

Casey said that they had never had a Gas Block installed by them ever come off or loose. Jim has 4 guns and only one has a pin in it. She said the online talk of them coming loose is from folks who have done the install themselves. Venom recommends that a gunsmith install them so they are torqued correctly as they are cinch screws and not standard screws. Also the zeroing process seems very easy after talking to RD about it. They set the windage for you at their shop and lock
    it in, leaving you to set vertical zero using a small file. Replacements are easy to get and install if you mess it ups. They recommend using a 25yard zero with the rear leaf in the 100Meter setting.

Jim talks about them some more on the rifle dynamics production rifle series Q/A video #4

So after all that get the Gas Block if you like the look and make sure it’s installed correctly and you should be good to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I drilled and pinned mine. It may not be necessary and may never move with just the pinch bolts but it's definitely not moving now and it only took 10 minutes to drill and pin.
    AK's and HK's

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors