AK74 Parts Kit Questions BP-AK74US-1
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 22many

Thread: AK74 Parts Kit Questions BP-AK74US-1

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

AK74 Parts Kit Questions BP-AK74US-1

Hello everyone! Hoping you guys can help me with an AK47 build. I really like Arsenal Inc AK parts, so I decided to build an AK47 chambered in 7.62x39. The only problem is that k-var only sells 5.45x39 kits at the moment. Here is the one I am looking at specifically: Bulgarian AK 74 Rifle Parts...

BP-AK74US-1.jpg
    http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/D/BP-AK74US-1.jpg

First off, from reading the description, only the polymer stock is US made, so to make it 922r compliant I will need at least 5 more US made components for a total of 6, correct?
    Second, since I want the 7.62x39 chambering, what other additional parts will I need besides the receiver? I know I will need a 7.62x39 barrel, but what else?

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Have you built many AKs?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8964 times
    Another kit chambered for 7.62x39 is whats needed. You would be alot better off buying the right kit instead of trying to convert a 74 kit. For ak47/AKM kits, look at atlantic firearms, apex, what a country, arms of america to name a few.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    cossack311 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys! I've put together a complete Bulgarian 7.62x39 kit from Arsenal before, but they are no longer available in that caliber, so the difficulty I am facing is finding all the right parts that will fit together. From what I can tell, this kit doesn't come with a barrel so I would have to buy one anyways, but I suppose that's why it's only $325. I will take a look at the vendors you guys suggested, but I am looking for quality first, so not sure I want to go with any kits that are used and de-militarized. Ideally I would rather just buy everything new, and everything made in the US. I'm a patriot, what can I say.

Anyways, back to this kit:
    A new barrel in 7.62x39 is $150
    Bolt Carrier 7.62x39 is $110
    Front Trunnion is $99 de-militarized and comes attached to a piece of a receiver, $160 for a new one that's US Made
    Bolt Assembly is like $82, US Made

A total of $827, not including shipping. A bit high, wouldn't you think?

Might also need a new comp in case this one is not wide enough for the 7.62 (some of them are, and work for both, but it's $20 bucks anyway, so not horrible)
    However, then I still don't know if the gas block assembly diameter will fit the new barrel (I will have to see if the outside barrel circumferences are the same for 5.45 and 7.62)
    If the circumferences are different, I would need a whole lot more parts that would make this idea not worth pursuing at all.

K-var has a lot of the parts available separately, so perhaps my best bet is to forget about the idea of getting a kit and just getting all of the parts individually. The issue with this approach is that I would rather have a reliable distributor that can keep up with demand so that I don't have to constantly look for parts elsewhere when they become out of stock...

Worst case I will have to start making some of the parts here myself.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8964 times
    I dont really understand what you are trying to accomplish. You are trying to turn a ak74 into a akm because you want new parts? Then you mention having to make new parts? Why?

If your wanting a NEW gun, then just go buy one! Arsenal has plenty of options for you to choose.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8964 times
    Im not buying your reasoning. You say you want to build as not to have a firearm registered with the government. Firearms aren't registered with the government. When you buy a firearm you submit a background check, to make sure you can legally buy a firearm. There is no registration. You being a FFL should know this. Also, being a FFL, you should know that it is illegal to build a firearm without your info on it. 10-30 aks a month? Build on flats so nobody knows? Cmon dude... were not stupid.

You come here for advise, yet you have all these lasers, mills, and lathes. You plan on building eventually 100s of aks yet you cant tell the differance between what is needed to convert a 74 to a 47 caliber? Shit just isnt adding up and im not buying what your selling!

So it comes down to a couple things. One would be, whats you last name agent? Another would be, how many illegal guns have you built so far for the reckoning? And lastly, dont worry, nobody knows... its not like this forum is public or anything....

MODS... I would suggest watching this member very closely!!!! From the sounds of what he is saying, the akforum shouldnt be any part of it!!!!

Either way, im with akblue. Im out of this thread.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors