I'm not happy with available trigger groups - alternatives?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    449 times

I'm not happy with available trigger groups - alternatives?

I was sorta' concerned about the Tapco G2 recall and some other, not-so-flattering things I've heard about them, so I recently ordered a K-VAR 3-piece, Made in US trigger group.

But I'm kinda' disappointed in these, too. I mean is it just me, or does the trigger seem a little t h i n ? It has this sort of hollowed-out space down the back which I don't like.

Does anyone else make trigger groups that a robust like the ComBloc ones I'm leaving off? I'd appreciate your recommendations - thanks.
    Jim Fuller, BH_4000/abernaturlich/IvanDrago, and Sheepdog Concept

Do no business with these crooks.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: I'm not happy with available trigger groups - alternatives?

i like my Red Star Arms trigger.

Member #
    Liked
    233 times

The G2 works perfectly fine. Have you considered a red star fcg? I do wish someone would make a quality fcg like a chinese fcg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I don't have any experience with them but here is another option:

texasaktriggers.com

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

All of my Ak's, with the exception of original factory built ones, have the G2 installed. Never a problem and no complaints here.
    Join us and live in peace, or continue on your present course and face obliteration. The decision rests with you.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3446 times

The K-Var trigger groups are almost a direct copy of the Bulgarian style FCG. Plenty strong and better looking IMHO than the TAPCO (big logo) trigger groups. Both work very well and you never hear any bad press about them. There was the one recall on the disconnectotr spring channel. No big deal and not a catastrophic defect.., just return for replacement.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE
    The K-Var trigger groups are almost a direct copy of the Bulgarian style FCG. Plenty strong and better looking IMHO than the TAPCO (big logo) trigger groups. Both work very well and you never hear any bad press about them. There was the one recall on the disconnectotr spring channel. No big deal and not a catastrophic defect.., just return for replacement.
    what about the broken triggers and trigger slap on the Arsenals?

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3446 times

Quote Originally Posted by heimdal
    Never experienced either problem. Have only installed about 10 in Yugo, Bulgy and other euro styles. Dunno., not a problem for me. Anecdotal stories seldom cause me any alarm.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

I thought it was broken HAMMERS?

Never heard of a broken Arsenal trigger.

I use an Arsenal trigger and disconnector with a TAPCO G-2 hammer (how's that for an abomination? ).

No trigger slap, buttery smooth trigger pull, and no worries about an Arsenal hammer breaking.
    Celebrating 20 years of AK ownership: 1992-2012

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Zackerly

I thought it was broken HAMMERS?

Never heard of a broken Arsenal trigger.

I use an Arsenal trigger and disconnector with a TAPCO G-2 hammer (how's that for an abomination? ).

No trigger slap, buttery smooth trigger pull, and no worries about an Arsenal hammer breaking.
    Could have sworn I remember something about a bad batch of triggers that would fracture a few years ago but I can't find anything right now...

The 2-stage Arsenal trigger in my SGL-21 is pretty nice. My others just have modded Tapco G2s though... never had a problem with them. I had one G2 set that was affected by that recall, they sent a new disconnector out right away. Never really tried the Arsenals out because of all the BS going around about them, I'm going to order a single stage one for my Polish build to find out for myself now.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix
    I was sorta' concerned about the Tapco G2 recall and some other, not-so-flattering things I've heard about them, so I recently ordered a K-VAR 3-piece, Made in US trigger group.

But I'm kinda' disappointed in these, too. I mean is it just me, or does the trigger seem a little t h i n ? It has this sort of hollowed-out space down the back which I don't like.

Does anyone else make trigger groups that a robust like the ComBloc ones I'm leaving off? I'd appreciate your recommendations - thanks.
    Yes there is a company that makes an adjustable trigger for the AK's they are more known for making some great AR triggers there name is Jard.
    Here is there link.

http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=25

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

None of the non ajustables are any thing special they all suck as is, compared to a good trigger in a qua;lity fire arm. They exist mainly to give compliance. Id get a red star and work it some or do like I do and re work a adjustable.

the only reports on the Jarid I ever read it broke after some extensive use. Id like to try one.

Its hard to get rid of all creep and not get accidental bumpfire and a also a consitant catch. dealing with a flexable reciver and pins that spin and the side play makes it even harder to fine tune one. it can be done but on a carry around gun a two stage is the better bet. My target stuff dont get loaded unless pointed down range. almost any AK will go off if hit hard enough on the bottom with a mallet.

the tapco recall is a non issue if your buying a new one.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3446 times

It is an AK not a target rifle. I have never experienced an accidental discharge with an AK/AKM/AK74. But I do not strike them with mallets either. They have served well for over 50 years with a basic designed trigger gropup ..,the US replacements are as good as or better than original. No big deal in a battle rifle,.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Wow. There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread. Unless you're looking for a rifle that at 100 yards will shoot thirty rounds through one hole (as most AKs will do - if you could only get a good trigger group!) the Tapco trigger group is wonderful. It's very smooth with a crisp release. If it's not, for crying out loud, smooth the mating surfaces of the hammer and trigger. What, five minutes with a Dremel?

I've used over forty Tapco trigger groups in builds that I've done for myself or helped others in, and I have never heard of a failure before. The problem that Tapco told us about - in which the disconnector spring hole was drilled too deeply can be fixed by sending the disconnector back to Tapco, or by sticking some JB weld in the hole, and then re-drilling it. I had one of the defective disconnectors, and I cut a very small section off of a nail, then jammed it in. The disconnector works like a champ.

While there's room for improvement in the G2 FCG, saying that it sucks is definitely hyperbole. If you get one you will almost certainly be happy with it.
    * This Is My Rifle *

http://www.my-rifle.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by p229sas
    I don't have any experience with them but here is another option:

texasaktriggers.com
    Looks interesting. Anyone have one of these and can comment first hand on it?

I'm curious to know if the Texas AK Triggers are MIM'ed or forged. They look like MIM parts to me. Anyone know for sure?
    Kilroe hic erat!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors