Zastava zpap92 alpha magazine and handguard problems

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Zastava zpap92 alpha magazine and handguard problems

I just got a Zastava zpap92 pistol. 4 out of the 6 magazines I have for it don’t fit! I would have to take off A LOT of material to make them fit. Is this normal? Also, I have installed a Midwest industries gen 2 handguard on it only to find out there is a substantial gap between the upper handguard and the reciever of the pistol. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or if this is just something I’ll have to deal with? Thank you for the help!

Member #
    Liked
    607 times
    Is the hand guard meant for yugo rifles?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes it is. I asked Midwest and they directed me to the model I ordered. I did do some research. Seems as though many people have the same issue, however I have not found a fix yet. Pretty frustrating. And then there’s the magazine issue. Unreal!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    535 times
    You are going to have to do some minor fitting to get stuff right most of the time when you're dealing with AK's. It's just way it is man. You're dealing with a mixture of foreign and American parts with no "milspec" and every manufacturer has their own tolerances. Forget about that 1 size fits all shit like with AR's.

It's not an issue to dremel or file away at a handguard to make it fit properly, as all of us have done it before. Just take away a little at a time, and frequently check fitment to your liking. You can always take a little more, but you won't be able to put back on. I have no idea what magazines you own, but I'm willing to bet the issue is them. Again, you're dealing with different countries of origin with different tolerances. All of my mags fit my Russians, but some of them are tight in my Romanians *caugh* bakelite *caugh*.

An american muzzle device I have needed fitting to sit properly on a Vepr of mine, and a a handguard needed extensive dremeling to fit a Hungarian. All of my Romanian surplus furniture has needed to be filed to fit my Romanian AK's. Your pistol is not the problem. This is the world we live in with AK's. Embrace it or move on.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-12-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Crazy how you can tell I’m coming from the ar world haha! I will just have to learn to embrace the fitting I suppose. I appreciate the responses guys. The last time I had something in this platform was when I got a saiga for $275 at a gun show in the early 2000s. Things have most definitely changed. I’ll be whipping out the dremel tonight and working on this thing and won’t worry anymore. Also, the mags I got are magpul, because I defaulted back to my ar way of thinking and went with what I know, and the mag that came with the gun. So far... two of the magpul mags fit and the even the one that the pistol came with don’t fit.pretty nuts. Ooohh well! Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by afred207 View Post
    Crazy how you can tell I’m coming from the ar world haha! I will just have to learn to embrace the fitting I suppose. I appreciate the responses guys. The last time I had something in this platform was when I got a saiga for $275 at a gun show in the early 2000s. Things have most definitely changed. I’ll be whipping out the dremel tonight and working on this thing and won’t worry anymore. Also, the mags I got are magpul, because I defaulted back to my ar way of thinking and went with what I know, and the mag that came with the gun. So far... two of the magpul mags fit and the even the one that the pistol came with don’t fit.pretty nuts. Ooohh well! Thanks again!
    Buy surplus or new production mags from countries that actually serviced the rifle, and you will lessen your chances of the shenanigans to almost never.

I've learned (and many would disagree with me) not to buy American mags or AK's. As with anything though, things can rapidly change. There are American offerings that will soon rival their foreign counterparts if not already.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah man. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I’ll search around for a good deal on some surplus mags. I’m thinking not polymer might help too. I did notice when inserting the pmag in the gun, if I jimmy it around and kind of rapidly shake it it will engage and click in. Bizarre. I guess the Zastava just isn’t a fan of them. I appreciate your responses man. Thanks for shedding some light for me.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors