Help on Russian Krink rifles.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Help on Russian Krink rifles.

Some years back I picked up a pair of AKSU kits from rguns. I got a great blue jack barrel (I forget the version but it was 3.5 or 4). I also got a chromed 7.62x39 barrel cut down and profiled for the other one. And I added a 47 bolt and trunion that I had remarked to be “Russian numbers matching”. So then I had a reputable builder build them as a Russian “AKSU74 and AKSU47” pair. They each have a few Bakelite mags, some kit and a faux suppressor. I retained the flash hiders for use if they are ever SBR-ed.

Ideas on value? And sell now or wait? I’m not in a hurry, but I will sell them.

Thanks for for any input except “you shouldn’t have made one a 47” and such. 😀
    MYAK47

Member #
    Liked
    676 times
    hard to say. NFA items typically go for less than sum of all parts for some reason. tax stamp and 9-10 month weight is a huge detractor for like 98% of potential buyers.
    Also do you have the provenance that those were built by a reputable builder? if you do that will help a lot assuming your builder is in fact reputable and widely recognized.

in general you can set starting price at 2-2.5k and see where auction takes you. obviously set reserve high enough so you don't feel regretful if price doesn't go as high as you expect. but IMO gunbroker is your best way to get top dollar. unlikely you will get that if you through classifieds.

IMO your 7.62 gun will probably fetch less just because it's not historically accurate and not 100% parts are original. at least from history/collector buff stand point it is a major detractor of value, with that being said if a bidder NOT collector/buff for historical accuracy and just a regular AK-lover with cash to blow then the fact that rifle is 7.62 is a plus, as in majority of americans 7.62 AK is a way to go.

if i was listing those on gunbroker myself i would list 5.45 starting at $3k and 7.62 starting at $2.5k i would not put reserve much more than a grand over it, as it would be out of the realm of what many would be willing to pay. +1 grand might be even too high, but if you could wait then eventually it'll find some one to grab it.

also you can search past auctions on GB and see what similar builds went for.

needless to say i'm just a guy with my own view of the market and it's prices. someone might disagree with my assessment and tell you something else. but like they say - opinions are like assholes, everybody got one.
    Last edited by dnepr0mike; 02-27-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks for your thorough, well thought out response. I really appreciate it.

One thing is that they are both built as rifles, they have not ever been SBRs. But of course, I have a flashhider for each and the fake suppressor can be removed easily.

And they were built by Troy at InRange. I believe I heard he no longer builds rifles.

Again. Thanks.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors