Where to Find Front Trunnion for a 74 Krinkov?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dnepr0mike
  • 1 Post By MPiKM-72

Thread: Where to Find Front Trunnion for a 74 Krinkov?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Where to Find Front Trunnion for a 74 Krinkov?

Down the road I'm thinking about building a 74 Krinkov. I've tried looking up front trunnions for them and no one sells them. Not even anyone on gunbroker, does anyone have any idea on where to find them or any krinkov parts for that matter?

Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    those are exactly the same as AKS-74 trunnions. not that you would find these readily either. but AKS-74 trunnion in turn is 99% identical to regular AK-74 trunnion. Find yourself an AK-74 bulgy kit and you are all set for your AKS-74U build. you can drill latch pin hole and make it into AKS/U trunnion in like 5 minutes time.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dnepr0mike View Post
    those are exactly the same as AKS-74 trunnions. not that you would find these readily either. but AKS-74 trunnion in turn is 99% identical to regular AK-74 trunnion. Find yourself an AK-74 bulgy kit and you are all set for your AKS-74U build. you can drill latch pin hole and make it into AKS/U trunnion in like 5 minutes time.
    Is there any videos on that process?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    not sure. maybe. if someone made a video of a AKS build. but this is uber-simple mod that requires no video specifically.
    the diference is just one extra hole (trunnion on the right)

Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    once you have your sidefolder receiver, you push-in front trunnion into it, line up with rails and/or front edge - final location where trunnion going to be riveted in. once it's lined up just use transfer punch or a dill bit to mark location of the trunnion hole using pre-existing corresponding hole that's already in the receiver. then take out the trunnion and drill the hole. it'll be metric so you will need a set of metric bits. i think hole is either 3, 3.5 or 4 mm. can't remember now, but you can easily measure a pin shank diameter that goes into the hole. note of caution: hole in the receiver will be larger than hole in the trunnion. receiver hole is sized to accommodate flange just below the pin head, trunnion hole is sized for pin's thinnest body portion.
    Last edited by dnepr0mike; 02-14-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dnepr0mike View Post
    once you have your sidefolder receiver, you push-in front trunnion into it, line up with rails and/or front edge - final location where trunnion going to be riveted in. once it's lined up just use transfer punch or a dill bit to mark location of the trunnion hole using pre-existing corresponding hole that's already in the receiver. then take out the trunnion and drill the hole. it'll be metric so you will need a set of metric bits. i think hole is either 3, 3.5 or 4 mm. can't remember now, but you can easily measure a pin shank diameter that goes into the hole. note of caution: hole in the receiver will be larger than hole in the trunnion. receiver hole is sized to accommodate flange just below the pin head, trunnion hole is sized for pin's thinnest body portion.

Pretty much the same method I used to convert a fixed stock to a AKS74. Once the trunnion was riveted I used the US AKS74 receiver pivot hole as a guide. Came out great. Just make sure you drill the hole BEFORE the barrel is pressed in.
    AZG likes this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors