Help with valuation on an M92 and AKS74U

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help with valuation on an M92 and AKS74U

I hope I'm asking this question in the correct area, if not let me know and I'll correct it. I've had these two sbrs for about 8 years. They are both demilled guns with their original barrels, and all numbers matching parts. They are not parts kits. I had these assembled by Dave Trevino at Cold War Classics.

Once I figure out what the market is on these, I'll post them up in the marketplace section. I'm not looking to get top of the market pricing, just what you guys feel would be a fair price for each.

If anyone needs any additional details on either rifle, let me know and I'll try to answer your questions. Please either post in this thread or feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    i saw Tula AKSU kits go for as little as $900 (once in the last 7 years gun-broker of all the places) but on average rguns all matching 86 Tula kits without barrel go for $1200-1600 depending on the time and seller.
    lately (last 12-15 month) these were on the cheaper side than when Obama was in the office.
    last two sales i saw on AKF were $1100 and $1200. Surprisingly one of them went with virgin k-var barrel for that cheap. Part of the reason why so cheap is that there is no immediate threat from current administration to our gun-rights plus ak-builder now has AKSU-barrels. granted those won't work with oversized '86 tula journals but a lot of folks who decide to move these don't know such fine details.

My 86 Tula AKSU build was $1520 for a mint all-matching kit, $260 74U LLC receiver, $220 for oversized journal barrel custom run by AKF member (can't remember name)
    I'm in $2k in parts alone. granted if i grabbed a cheaper kit it would be less but at least you get the range of what this day and age AKSU is worth.
    this excludes cost of building and re-finishing or tax stamp obviously.

Another source would be to check completed auctions on GB - that might be most accurate value of what people are willing to spend vs actual $$ value of the gun (as sum of parts/labor).

i have to say these are selling cheaper lately than before. if i wanted to get highest sale price i would wait until well after mid-term elections. depending on how things play out there might a fair price bump for these.

-------------

as far as yugo shorty - i have no strong knowledge of their market tendencies as i don't do yugo. i do know those are significantly cheaper than Tula AKSUs. like in the realm of half the price cheaper, maybe even more. i'll let someone else speak to those exact values.
    Last edited by dnepr0mike; 10-15-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    906 times
    Are they on a Form 1 or a Form 4?
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    They are on a Form 1.

Member #
    Liked
    906 times
    SBRīs are harder to sell than regular rifles. All else being equal, factory SBRīs (Form 4) are the easiest to move and non-factory SBRīs (Form 1) are harder to move. From what Iīve seen, non-factory SBRī are generally worth the sum of their parts. You may be able to get a bit more with good documentation from a reputable seller, but not much. The receiver should be from a reputable manufacturer if youīre going to sell them as SBRīs. If the receivers have serial numbers that match the kits, that will help a bit. BTW, they are rifles built from parts kits. Thereīs nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. Good luck with your sale.

Member #
    Liked
    906 times
    I would say that a Form 1 SLR-104UR is worth the same or a little less than one that has the original 16" simply because it's more difficult to sell. I have one myself. I didn't buy one of the "factory" 104UR SBR's because it's not really what I'd consider factory built rifle, even though it would have to be transferred on a Form 4. They're actually converted at Arsenal in Nevada. If they were built at the real factory in Bulgaria, that would be a different story. Unfortunately, those are illegal to import. There's no way that it was worth the $900 additional dollars for their faux factory SBR. BTW, I'm big on factory SBR's. I'd much rather have one than one I converted. The first reason is that a factory SBR doesn't have to be additionally engraved with your information. The second is that they'll sell better because people would rather have a factory rifle than one that was converted by an individual with said individual's name on it, regardless of the quality of the conversion. I've purchase several factory SBR's and most sell for around $100 or so more than the regular rifle version. Arsenal's markup on their faux factory SBR's is just a rip-off.
    Last edited by Bret; 12-07-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Right off the top you've got $400.00 in NFA transfers (Unless your instate). You might consider a faux suppressor attachment and selling at Title 1 guns.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors