• 2 Post By red_90teg
  • 1 Post By BLindsay
  • 1 Post By Bob Oso

Thread: Bulgarian AKS-74U build questions

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Bulgarian AKS-74U build questions

So I recently purchased a Beautiful Bulgarian Krink (5.45x39) with original barrel and had a few questions pertaining to it. I think I'm on the right track as far as my build but wanted some input/opinions. This is my first post in this forum, hopefully the picture uploaded correctly. My game plan is to keep this as close to original as possible. I went with a Childer's receiver, and am going to go with the ALG FCG- which one i don't know, figured i could use some input there. Next is piston questions... AK's are notoriously over-gassed, do I get it built first, see how it runs, and then get a KNS adjustable piston if needed, or would you just get it and be done? I'm going to be running this thing suppressed in the future with a wolverine. Which leads to the next question of what kind of flash hiders/setups are yall running? I want to be able to put the orig muzzle brake back on once i'm finished blasting? My Krink has this huge threaded muzzle threading(i think it's like 24mm) I'm going to have this Krink built, and get them to make sure everything's concentric to the barrel to avoid baffle strikes. I really have no idea on how to approach this, any input and pictures would be greatly appreciated to put me on the right track. I have seen some pictures, but never really asked in detail on the subject.

One last thing.. As far as dating my gun, does that bulgarian date code math pertain to these? The add 60 to my first 2 digits, in my case making mine a 1998 model or is that BS? Just curious...

Thank you all!
    Attached Images
    weaver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    non-concentric threads is pretty much a myth. not once i seen a kit with theads that weren't concentric.
    as far as i know wolverine has 8mm hole in the baffles, pushing 5.45 through that is non- issue no matter how in-concentric things are.
    full size AKs are overgassed but not these shorties - typically they require muzzle booster to run reliably because gas block is so close to the end of the barrel. i doubt you will need to mess with the adjustable piston.
    pretty much any ALG trigger for AK would be good.
    BLindsay likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Non-concentric threads are hardly a myth- I've seen a few original barreled kits (and even some new production Bulgarian and US barrels) where it was readily apparent that the bore was not perfectly concentric to the threads. They are uncommon though. If you'll be running a can with a 5,56 endcap it'll be majorly important to check concentricity, especially with 5,45 as it likes to do some wacky things depending on different bullet weights. If your can has a 7,62 endcap, you'll most likely be fine unless it's really off. Easiest way to tell is getting some drill rod or a fancy "suppressor alignment rod" and check with that. Once the can is installed, you just slid the rod through it and the barrel, it'll quickly show you if you might run in to an issue.
    BLindsay likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    yes your gun is 1998... Bulgaria made them after Russia stoped I believe! someone can correct me if I'm wrong. .. ... your Krink kit is one that actually has the date code stamped on it ... some of them only have a 5 digit number on the trunnion those are the ones that no one knows how to DEcode the year. .. but yours is the basic type that shows the "crylics,date,serial' of course I'm speaking about demiled kits.. not the newer arsenal/kvar guns.. can you post some pics of the front trunnion? id like to see if its a actual Bulgarian trunnion or Russian thats been re stamped!

you can use what ever ALG you want. I dont recommend the gen 1 enhanced alg triggers they are way to short and in the short krinks they tend to bump fire them selves with no effort .. if I were you id stick with gen1 regular black alg or Gen 2 regular black.. I dont know how the gen 2 enhanced ones are.. but if they are as short as the gen 1 enhanced the guns going to bump fire while shooting..

let me know if you dont use the hand guards id like to buy them off you.. and the cleaning rod. thanks !
    BLindsay and MPiKM-72 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by red_90teg View Post
    yes your gun is 1998... Bulgaria made them after Russia stoped I believe! someone can correct me if I'm wrong. .. ... your Krink kit is one that actually has the date code stamped on it ... some of them only have a 5 digit number on the trunnion those are the ones that no one knows how to DEcode the year. .. but yours is the basic type that shows the "crylics,date,serial' of course I'm speaking about demiled kits.. not the newer arsenal/kvar guns.. can you post some pics of the front trunnion? id like to see if its a actual Bulgarian trunnion or Russian thats been re stamped!

you can use what ever ALG you want. I dont recommend the gen 1 enhanced alg triggers they are way to short and in the short krinks they tend to bump fire them selves with no effort .. if I were you id stick with gen1 regular black alg or Gen 2 regular black.. I dont know how the gen 2 enhanced ones are.. but if they are as short as the gen 1 enhanced the guns going to bump fire while shooting..

let me know if you dont use the hand guards id like to buy them off you.. and the cleaning rod. thanks !
    Thanks for the input as far as the trigger options, I will keep that in mind. 20180824_135506.jpg20180824_135519.jpg20180824_135431.jpg
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i have AB 38 0460
    BLindsay likes this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    *sorry to hijack your thread*

the trunnion on mine has “21” on the top ear, presumably for Circle 21?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Oso View Post
    *sorry to hijack your thread*

the trunnion on mine has “21” on the top ear, presumably for Circle 21?
    no they are all stamped 21-22- 8 and probably other numbers on top.. .. I can't remember if it was a mold number or something to do with the trunnion size or something
    has nothing to do with the factory .. as far as I know the factory stamps are stamped on the front and the 2 kinds ever seen are the regular circle 10 marked trunnions some trunnions are Russian that were sent to Bulgaria and re stamped sometimes and sometimes used with the Russian markings .. and With some of the Krink kits they had only 5 digits .. no arsenal stamp

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors