How bad was I ripped off for my Golani?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pookie

Thread: How bad was I ripped off for my Golani?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question How bad was I ripped off for my Golani?

I was drinking and BSing with friends about a month ago and I ended up buying a used Golani Sporter 5.56 for $1250. It has the Caspian Arms receiver and was not one that was subject to recall. I know impulse buys like this are stupid and you should always do your research. I haven't fired the gun yet, but after more reading about the Golani I'm feeling horrible and I'm fairly certain I got ripped off badly. I plan to take the rifle to a professional gunsmith and have him do a full inspection.

How badly did I get ripped off? Should I cut my losses, sell the gun for whatever I can get, and put the money towards having someone like Hillbilly Firearms build a custom Galil clone on a CNC Warrior or similar receiver and something like an Apex parts kit? Or should I keep the gun, give it a fair chance, and maybe revitalize it a bit and some optics or something?

Any help/advice will be appreciated. I'm a first time AR/AK buyer and I learned an important lesson. Feel free to help ease my pain and suffering by sharing any personal rip-off stories you may have.

Member #
    Liked
    536 times
    The Golani sporter has a decent reputation at least the Century built ones do

Member #
    Liked
    503 times
    If it works it works...

Load it up and shoot it. If it gives you problems and you can't figure them out, then you take it to a gunsmith.
    Last edited by Pookie; 03-21-2020 at 08:52 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1271 times

Member #
    Liked
    503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    You're right! I think he's a imported spy from AKfiles sent to distribute trojan Corona's through infected posts. Thank god you brought it to my attention. I'm already broke dude, I can't afford a new phone or computer. I spent all my monies on the walmart brand toilet papers.
    Greyeagle and 43m1garand like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors