Review and Comparison of Midwest Industries and RS Regulate Rail for Galil ACE
    Banned

Member #
    Liked
    46 times

Review and Comparison of Midwest Industries and RS Regulate Rail for Galil ACE

Short Story: The RS Regulate rail looks better, feels better, provides more length, and gives me a better purchase on the rail. It is beefier, weighing twice as much as the Midwest rail and I think that is a good thing, actually, to support whatever attached devices you want to use. The RS Regulate more strongly attaches to the Galil ACE. But, it comes with inadequate instructions, and does not include a M-LOK rail section. Midwest Rail is ok though too, if you don't want to pay as much for a rail. But, for me, the RS Regulate ACE rail is the better choice. And, aside from every other fact, I think the RS Regulate mount looks better.

Longer Story: I installed my RS Regulate rail today on my second 7.62 x 39 Galil ACE. I was much less impressed with the RS Regulate's instructions. They did not indicate what inch pound torque to use when tightening down the bolts, and did not mention you need to give it a few firm taps to get it past the nut lug on the barrel, in fact, I thought there was something wrong and wondered if I should loosen the locking collar to get it past the bolt lug, but I just wacked it a few time and it cleared past. The RS Regulate appears to more securely fit on the ACE and the bolts are threaded on opposite sides, not the same side, though the MI rail has a little screw to cynch it up against the receiver.

Finish appears to be about the same, but I'll see after I get the one with the RS out to the range tomorrow. Weight? It seems that RS regulate rail weighs less inspite of the fact it has a more sturdy build quality to it. I like the more squared off design of the RS rail, as opposed to the MI rail. The MI rail, as you can see, is "rounder."

A big plus of the RS, for me, is that it is longer than the MI and allows you get your hand/arms further down, which for me is a major plus since I have such long arms. The RS Regulate appears to be better designed.

The MI rail comes with one Pic rail MLOK section, which is nice, the RS Regulate mount does not. The MI has better installation instructions, including a video on their website, RS does not.

RS reports a weight of 15 ounces for their rail. Midwest reports a weight of 8 ounces for their rail.

Price: The RS Regulate rail as shown is $235, plus shipping. The MI Rail is is $189.95, free shipping. So, a $55 or so difference. Worth it? To me, yes, for you? I don't know.

Here are pics of the two rails. Note: the MI Rail has been through a couple shooting sessions and is scuffed up from gun safe and moving around on wooden shooting bench. The RS Regulate has not been out for a range session.

3XoPA8l.jpg
    RS Regulate

AhA7e2q.jpg

MI Rail

Dk4mXzb.jpg
    RS on bottom, MI on top

q3zIsUQ.jpg

RS on left, MI on right, view from above.

DGAMqrZ.jpg
    RS on bottom, MI on top

Last edited by JohnHB; 12-29-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    sigs'son likes this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    So...which one do you guys prefer?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    RS Regulate. That does look sharp!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    RS Regulate is definitely my favorite one too.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Did you happen to weigh the original handguard?

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Weigh the original handguard? Nope. I would not really care one way or the other though, the longer rails are WAY better than the factory supplied PIC rails with cover. If you have short arms they may work great, but for long arms the better rails from MIDWEST or RS Regulate are the way to go.

By the way, I'm selling the one Galil with the MIDWEST rail on it, in the for sale section here.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I like the RS. Better heat dissipation, protects my hands better... Great customer service. Original design, as well. More options.49132538_10211418604375495_775208804852695040_o.jpg
    Last edited by SAS762; 01-21-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I love RSReg stuff especially their side rail mounts. There are NO substitutes !!! Scott's a great guy and customer service is exceptional. Needs better pics/descriptions on this part of his website tho.

In this case I went M.I. for a mid length hand guard for my .308 Galil Ace b/c they were in stock and $50 less (RSReg out of stock). Ran my 1st 80rds out of it today. No complaints. I'm on the hook for a x39 Galil. Will reconsider between RS and MI if I get it.
    Reinstate Dodge Ball in elementary school.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors