Norico vs mak90 trunnion specs
    Banned

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Norico vs mak90 trunnion specs

Ak builder has mak90 flat bending punch, to facilitate .050" flats. Norico had 1.5mm flats, but moved to milled receivers. My goal is to put a Russian variant front trunnion inside a new mak90 receiver. Ak builder has 1.225" as the inside diameter. A Russian front trunnion is 1.25" at it's widest point. Mak90 moved it's product line toward AKM, while changing the flat's thickness to .050. Confusion between front trunnions and receiver specs, makes any build problematic. Older Norico models are expensive, but the mak90 isn't quite a clone, since the rivet configurations are different (from a Russian variant.) Still, the 050" thick flat should fit, with some minor modifications. My question is if the new mak90 receivers are 1.5mm, or 1.29mm? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    10041 times
    How much newer MAK90 are you talking about? If it's built to AKM spec then I'd imagine it's AKM spec receiver.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    Norico (sic) or are you talking about Norinco, which happens to be stamped on the MAK-90 family of Bush1 approved Chinese AKM variants. As far as I know all Norinco MAK-90s maintained the Chinese standard 1.5mm receiver.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    848 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indykid View Post
    As far as I know all Norinco MAK-90s maintained the Chinese standard 1.5mm receiver.
    +1 I've never see or heard of a stamped one having a receiver other than 1.5mm.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1979 times
    A Russian front trunnion will fit, but require some grinding.

Sponsors