Please help identify these rifles. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Please help identify these rifles.

Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    the pic Richard posted helps enlarge it at first until my computer for some reason makes it small again which I was unable to fix. take a better look at the gasblocks. they were late cast pattern either made late in akm production in Russia, east Germany or after 1985 in Poland. those types of gasblocks migfht also be copied in the paki afghan tribal areas possibly which other aspects also point to. a pic with no close ups is tough. the 223 cal wire folder with insas mag sticking out of it begs the question how is that possible? im leaning towards either polish pmkm or Russian akm with romy bolt on folder added on rifle 1 if not made in Khyber pass entirely. rifle 2 is Bulgarian extremely modern folder now hitting the world market. important to note usa is the biggest exporter of these Bulgarian weapons to middle east. we have destroted their weapons and basically emptied the Bulgarian factory buying so many they have shown up everywhere in Iraq as most common in fullstock model. usa Iraqi contract was mostly old bakelite salmon stocked guns retrofitted with black polymer. the 3rd ''insas 223 mag rifle'' just seems Khyber. 4th is indian insas 223 ak variant with early wood stocks. 5th from left is a repeat of the 1st but notice it has a swept back rear bottom of grip like Bulgarian salmon grips etc have [possibly a khyber clue] 6th from left has a lot going on that doesn't make sense again unless Khyber. 6th has late off cast gasblock like possible Khyber local market clones before but also has the dropdown stock angle rear trunnion with in-line stock arms. that also seems popular in Khyber rifles and begs the question is it a Russian akms or polish pmkms or Khyber? my guess on the 4 oddballs is all Khyber. the bulgy is so new how did it get mixed up with these is a nice question. the insas being mixed in there is just awesome to see! insas production never got caught up for having excess for foreign sales outside india most think. the radio makes me think these were captured. isis???

Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    the bolt carriers on all 4 unidentified rifles have the akm stepdown pattern and odd grey worn metal look like paint was cheap and on bare metal. that might lean towards a Khyber clue if all are same fake rolex copies made in paki afghan shops. rifle next to radio has oddly pronounced palm swell ive seen before on rare occasions on Russian and Romanian but very possible on Khyber. ive got to go with my gut instinct here and say Khyber pass rifles is best bet. hard to tell without trunnion pics and better pics.

Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    I enlarged the pic just now and noticed the 223 insas akm has a normal mid era akm gasblock and fsb but the combo still only points towards Khyber oddball mfr since the insas mag and parts combo doesn't otherwise make sense to any known factory format. it also has an insas sling on it if its any clue at all. many have slings mismatched. rifle by radio has hardwood grip with swept back bottom like found in Pakistani fake copies of Russian as seen here in stacks of rifles a soldier posted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3677 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DOJO View Post
    second from the left. short top cover?

P.S. how much? I'll buy )))
    Standard top cover. New pattern folder. As seen here>

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7-Seri...ceiver-Rifles/

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Standard top cover. New pattern folder. As seen here>

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7-Seri...ceiver-Rifles/
    oh, it's that stock

Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Holiday View Post
    And that's why he's the technical advisor to the forum...
    When did that happen? Very good decision!!
    WTB: E. German BC 1276 (have one to trade)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors