RPK stock on AKM rear trunnion.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gman

Thread: RPK stock on AKM rear trunnion.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

RPK stock on AKM rear trunnion.

Hello all. I'm new here and I just bought my first AK parts kit. I plan to use a set of RPK plum furniture and a Romanian RPK barrel on my parts kit (it's Romanian). The kit came with an underfolder rear trunnion which I have no current plans to use. For my build I have a few questions concerning the RPK stock and the AKM rear trunnion as well as the front trunnion.

1: Will an RPK stock fit a standard AKM rear trunnion?

2: Is there any major difference between the plum furniture which I plan to use and the older wood furniture?

3: Will the RPK barrel fit the AKM front trunnion with out any major issues? I realize I will need the appropriate gas tube for the RPK barrel.

4: Will the RPK gas tube require a longer piston on the bolt carrier?

I am aware that in the long run it would probably be cheaper to buy an RPK outright but I have set a goal for this build and I would like to stick to it.

The overall plan here is to use the Romanian parts and a new AKM receiver (I plan to bend one myself) but replace the rear trunnion and add the RPK furniture and barrel. I guess you could call it a frAnKen gun.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ��
    Last edited by N-Glycerin; 03-16-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    You may have better luck asking in the "AK Variants" section under RPK and RPD. BTW...welcome to the group.
    corpsman5 likes this.

Sponsors