In an effort to make theakforum.net more enjoyable for our members, we have adopted the following simple posting guidelines. We’d prefer not to moderate a single post, but not all of our members feel that way. We’re trying our best to find a happy medium but as this forum grows many situations will need to be handled with care. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding in creating an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.
1) Respect other members. Do not flame, badger, disrespect or taunt anyone on the forum, ESPECIALLY the women on the forum (you will get a one-way ticket out of here) If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it. A healthy debate is welcomed and encouraged. Personal attacks and name calling serve no purpose on this forum. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans (we were all new once). You can, and will be banned if you continue this type of behavior.
1a) Do not disrespect anyone anywhere (Members or non-members off the forum) in a racial or otherwise non-PC way.
2) Trolling — Posting comments with the sole purpose of starting pissing matches with members, libel persons or groups, or to disrupt the forum, will cause your stay here to be short.
3) Advertising for ANY business or product in usernames, signatures or avatars is not allowed, UNLESS you are a site sponsor. These will be removed. Creating threads or posts to advertise any business or product will be considered spam and will be deleted. Posting offenders risk being immediately banned.
If you are a Business or have a product or service that would be of interest to our members please click the Contact Us Link at the bottom of every page and choose the "Advertising Inquiry" option to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to you and your company.
4) PERSONAL classifieds from members are allowed in the appropriate "for sale" areas of the site as long as you are not a Business Vendor and it is your personal property you are selling. Opportunity to buy is in the order of who posts they want it first. All NFA rules/firearm transfer laws apply.
5) Double Posting - Multiple, Repeated or Cross posting (posting the same information in two or more separate forums) is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one and stick with it. PLEASE try to put topics in the correct forums!
6) Profanity is not tolerated in thread titles. Try to be as descriptive as possible when creating new threads. Getting the help you're looking for is as simple as generating an informative thread title. Titling your thread, "hey" or "question" will not get the views or response that you're looking for.
7) Foul, offensive, vulgar, derogatory, abusive language, or sexual references or nudity: Use of bad language or profanity may cause your post to be edited or the post deleted by forum staff. If your post crosses the line of what’s deemed acceptable behavior by the forum staff your post will be deleted. You may receive an infraction, and/or given a temporary ban or be permanently banned off the forum. Use discretion when using such language.
8) Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we reserve the right to delete, ban, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice.
9) Spamming/advertising in the general forums is not tolerated. Again, if you have a product or service that would be of interest to our members please click the Contact Us Link at the bottom of every page and choose the "Advertising Inquiry" option to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to you and your company.
10) A promotion of competing sites and/or forums is not allowed. Using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site is acceptable, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered SPAM and will not be allowed. Users are not allowed to link to other forums in signatures, posts or PM's in effort to generate traffic to a competing site. This will be up to the discretion of the Forums Staff.
11) Illegal Activities: Do not post or link to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items. Do not post comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state, federal official, law enforcement officer, or advocate the overthrow of the government.
12) Do not post someone else's personal contact information (home phone numbers, home addresses, unpublished e-mail addresses, and the like).
13) theAKForum.net maintains a strict policy of respect toward the office of the POTUS, regardless of who occupies the office. Any defamation of the President will be dealt with the same as disrespect of moderators and administrators.
14) No politics or religion on The AK Forum. This is not "Just The Internet" where you can say whatever you want to say. This site was started by AK Guys for AK Guys, we're here for communication between Members with like interests. We've worked hard to build our Board the way we want it and to provide a "Friendly" atmosphere. Our Board is comprised of Members from all over the World, we try to steer clear of Religious and Political discussions as these topics inflame Members who otherwise get along fine. Enjoy the site, learn as much as you want and share your experiences, but please, treat each other with respect.
15) Signature lines are just that...signatures. Don't put photos or links to websites in your signature line.
Only Exception is Official Vendors on this forum may put a link to their business in their Signature.
Specific To Sales:
1. Vendors and Dealers are "guests" on The AK Forum and there is no charge for advertising. However, prior approval is required before any posts are allowed in the Market Place. This is a precaution on our part in order to keep "bad business" off The AK Forum. The Administrators of The AK Forum reserve the right to remove any vendor at any time should our members be at risk of bad or irresponsible business practices.
2. Individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should do so in the Market Place. At no time should an item be listed in any of the discussion forums. Please take the time to read the Market Place Guidelines.
3. Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.
4. Absolutely no auctions on The AK Forum or links to auction sites from The AK Forum.
Situations which have not been covered may arise and will be handled by the Administrators and Moderators on a case-by-case basis.
Please enjoy the Website and all it has to offer. Remember, it's about the Kalashnikov...not the money.
A note on FREE SPEECH:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. theakforum.net is not listed in the Bill of Rights. We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum. These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.
You may or may not be notified if action or actions are needed to be taken. Moderators and Administrators have the final word. If you have a problem or a complaint, please direct it to the Forum’s Administrators.
Have fun and enjoy the forums!