• 2 Post By Brawny
  • 1 Post By Cranach
  • 1 Post By Marcus

Thread: 2016 cai c39v2

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

2016 cai c39v2

I'm Mike and I have been lurking / trolling the AK forums and finally decided to join The AKforum.net due to the plethora of good info and civility of the membership.

Back in the 80's & 90's I lived way out in the sticks of East San Diego county with no neighbors. I had several friends with AK's and they would come out and we would shoot the hell out of those guns and I don't ever remember having any problems with them at all. Now I live in Arizona (thank God) and I have been around my brother-in-law who owns several AR's and has outfitted his family with them also. Every time I have ever met up with him and his friends to do some shooting, the AR's will invariably have some sort of problem usually related to FTF, or FTE. He almost had me talked into letting him build one for me, but all those persnickety AR's I had seen on the range stuck with me and it turned me off on them and got me thinking about an AK.

I do not own an AK yet, but I am doing my due diligence. I want an American made AK and I am interested in the 2016 CAI C39V2 with wood furniture as it falls in my price range and I can dress it up with Magpul furniture as I can afford it. I like the Zhukov-S folding stock, MOE hand guard and MOE AK+ grip. The 2016 model comes with an optics mount and it does not concern me that it is proprietary; I am just happy to see that it is factory installed and I can purchase a CAI mount for $119.00 and then find a red dot optic that will help my 58 year old eyes get on target.

I ran across these details of the 2016 C39V2 on the Century Arms website and I noticed something interesting about the bolt carrier tail being heat treated. Can someone explain exactly what this process will improve. I am pretty sure CAI is addressing the bolt carrier wear I have been reading so much about. I also noticed that the barrel is now made from 4150 steel which I believe is an upgrade.

Product ID: RI2398-N
    Red Army C39v2 Semi-Auto Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm
    100% American made
    Barrel 1:10 twist, concentric LH 14x1 metric thread and ready for a variety of muzzle attachments
    Chrome moly 4150 nitride treated barrel
    Milled 4140 ordnance quality steel receiver
    1st AK side scope rail mount to offer a return to zero capability, also offers four times clamping improvement over traditional side scope rail mounts and improves sight acquisition for follow-up shots
    RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group
    Larger T shaped magazine catch
    Compatibility with AKM furniture
    Standard AKM sights
    Retaining plate
    Bolt hold-open notch on the safety selector
    Proprietary Chevron muzzle brake
    Bolt carrier tail heat treated to ensure maximum performance and life
    Accepts all standard AK mags.
    Comes with one 30 rd. mag.
    Barrel: 16.5" with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25", Weight: 8.05 lbs

Thanks!....Mike
    Taurus PT92 AFS
    Glock 19
    S&W Model 624
    Ruger 10/22
    Browning A-Bolt 22LR
    Remington 870
    Aslan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4419 times
    if you think ars have problems wait till you buy something from century!
    welcome to the board.
    i think people are having issues w/ locking lugs in the receiver maybe this is version 1?
    ddi is making a us forged receiver was just a thread on this here. might be worth looking into.
    not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Will the fact that CAI is heat treating the bolt carrier tail do anything to address the locking lugs on the bolts you mentioned?
    Century Arms C39v2
    Taurus PT92 AFS

Glock 19
    S&W Model 624
    Ruger LC9S PRO
    Ruger 10/22

Browning A-Bolt 22 Magnum
    Remington 870

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4419 times
    no, thats the very back of the carrier, resets the hammer. i think they were mushrooming.
    not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome to the forum from a 57 year old AK newbie. I have a C39v2. So far, nearing 750 rounds or so, it's running well. I bought a back-up Polish bolt and carrier which I have yet to use. I added a FAB defense handguard and top rail to mount a red dot. Again, thus far, I am well pleased. Lots of very mixed reviews on this rifle. Have you seen Rob Ski's review (ak47 74 operator's union)? Maybe worth a look.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mstud21 View Post
    I'm Mike and I have been lurking / trolling the AK forums and finally decided to join The AKforum.net due to the plethora of good info and civility of the membership.

Back in the 80's & 90's I lived way out in the sticks of East San Diego county with no neighbors. I had several friends with AK's and they would come out and we would shoot the hell out of those guns and I don't ever remember having any problems with them at all. Now I live in Arizona (thank God) and I have been around my brother-in-law who owns several AR's and has outfitted his family with them also. Every time I have ever met up with him and his friends to do some shooting, the AR's will invariably have some sort of problem usually related to FTF, or FTE. He almost had me talked into letting him build one for me, but all those persnickety AR's I had seen on the range stuck with me and it turned me off on them and got me thinking about an AK.

I do not own an AK yet, but I am doing my due diligence. I want an American made AK and I am interested in the 2016 CAI C39V2 with wood furniture as it falls in my price range and I can dress it up with Magpul furniture as I can afford it. I like the Zhukov-S folding stock, MOE hand guard and MOE AK+ grip. The 2016 model comes with an optics mount and it does not concern me that it is proprietary; I am just happy to see that it is factory installed and I can purchase a CAI mount for $119.00 and then find a red dot optic that will help my 58 year old eyes get on target.

I ran across these details of the 2016 C39V2 on the Century Arms website and I noticed something interesting about the bolt carrier tail being heat treated. Can someone explain exactly what this process will improve. I am pretty sure CAI is addressing the bolt carrier wear I have been reading so much about. I also noticed that the barrel is now made from 4150 steel which I believe is an upgrade.

Product ID: RI2398-N
    Red Army C39v2 Semi-Auto Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm
    • 100% American made
    • Barrel 1:10 twist, concentric LH 14x1 metric thread and ready for a variety of muzzle attachments
    • Chrome moly 4150 nitride treated barrel
    • Milled 4140 ordnance quality steel receiver
    • 1st AK side scope rail mount to offer a return to zero capability, also offers four times clamping improvement over traditional side scope rail mounts and improves sight acquisition for follow-up shots
    • RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group
    • Larger T shaped magazine catch
    • Compatibility with AKM furniture
    • Standard AKM sights
    • Retaining plate
    • Bolt hold-open notch on the safety selector
    • Proprietary Chevron muzzle brake
    • Bolt carrier tail heat treated to ensure maximum performance and life
    • Accepts all standard AK mags.
    • Comes with one 30 rd. mag.
    • Barrel: 16.5" with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25", Weight: 8.05 lbs

Thanks!....Mike
    Taurus PT92 AFS
    Glock 19
    S&W Model 624
    Ruger 10/22
    Browning A-Bolt 22LR
    Remington 870

FYI, Palmetto State Armory (US made) has just released a new AK.

Member #
    Liked
    1051 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    Welcome!
    "When government takes away citizen's rights to bear arms it becomes citizen's duty to take away governments right to govern" ~ George Washington

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    Sir, I took the same path you did into the AK world and I was leaning toward purchasing the Century Arms CA29. After doing a lot more research, I decided not to buy one of those. I saved up more money and purchased an Arsenal. You may want to look at a DDI if you can't swing an Arsenal. I'd recommend you not go with a C39.
    Wyo Wolverine likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    451 times
    If you want an american ak that outperforms your bro's ars, psa is being tested right now and DDI will be tested soon.
    Wyo Wolverine and Aslan like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    If I had the spending money (HA!) I'd buy a SAM7.

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7R.html
    "When government takes away citizen's rights to bear arms it becomes citizen's duty to take away governments right to govern" ~ George Washington

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo Wolverine View Post
    If I had the spending money (HA!) I'd buy a SAM7.

https://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7R.html

Anthony-Industries has some great prices on ARSENALS. They are getting off the ground and are a bit clunky right now, but good folks. I picked up two more Arsenals for them for around $1800-$1200 each, including shipping.

Honestly, if a guy is willing to spend $900 or $1000 on an AK, I'd say save up for another month or so and just get yourself an Arsenal.

Plus Anthony has 120 day layaway plans (no charge/no interest) and also they are offering 12 months free financing...so...honestly, not any excuse for getting the best while you can.
    Wyo Wolverine likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranach View Post
    Anthony-Industries has some great prices on ARSENALS. They are getting off the ground and are a bit clunky right now, but good folks. I picked up two more Arsenals for them for around $1800-$1200 each, including shipping.

Honestly, if a guy is willing to spend $900 or $1000 on an AK, I'd say save up for another month or so and just get yourself an Arsenal.

Plus Anthony has 120 day layaway plans (no charge/no interest) and also they are offering 12 months free financing...so...honestly, not any excuse for getting the best while you can.
    Oooh, have not heard of them. Bookmarked, thank you!

Member #
    Sage (East side of the Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County, Southern California
    Liked
    364 times
    Yes, an Arsenal milled receiver AK costs more than a Century made one.

Fresh oats cost more than oats that have already been through a horse.

There is a reason.

Some folks will try to tell you that American oats that have already been through a horse are better than fresh Bulgarian ones.

Don't listen to them.
    Last edited by Marcus; 09-08-2016 at 11:41 AM.
    elmoreoocyte likes this.
    AK Nazi Purist & Mosin Sniper Devil

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Well said..

Sponsors