C93v2 - Another thread sorry
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: C93v2 - Another thread sorry

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

C93v2 - Another thread sorry

New member here. I am not new to the AK platform. I got out of the AK game a while ago but found a C93v2 for a very good price locally and decided to buy it. I had read some of the initial reviews when it was released and those looked good enough so I purchased it based on the information I had at the time.

Like many people do I went home and got online to check the reviews and so on regarding my new purchase. I was disappointed to see that there have been reports of premature wear on the bolts and bolt carriers in some rifles. I also see other reviews of rifles with no appreciable wear even when shot suppressed. I was concerned enough to even consider selling the rifle at a loss to put my mind at ease.

I decided to keep it and take my chances. I may purchase a Polish bolt and carrier and have them fitted as added "insurance". I will run it as is and see what happens.

The fit and finish of these rifles is really great. I know these do not effect the functionality or reliability one bit but they matter to me to a certain degree. The trigger is excellent compared to other the AKs I have owned in the past (Norinco, WASR, Vepr, Arsenal, M70) and the smooth action is really nice and the Green Mountain barrel has a lot of promise in that milled receiver.

I really want to keep this rifle and have confidence in it. Shooting it will tell me if I made a mistake or not.

So..........my question is does anyone know what the serial number range is for the rifles that have had issues? I looked at my bolt carrier and do not see an X that I have heard about where Century supposedly updated the heat treating on the parts.

My rifle's serial # is in the 11,000 range. I am hoping that mine is one of the later ones that is not cursed.

If anyone knows let me know please.

Before

After. It now has the MI/US Palm topcover for the Aimpoint Micro and a PA Advanced micro dot sight on it.
    Last edited by fuzzyreticle; 05-02-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It is my personal opinion that you are going to love your C39. I think you made a great purchase and acquired an awesome AK.
    Last edited by KOTOC-79; 05-02-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    My v2 has the x I think it is in the 13k , for the record I really like it so far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    I would suggest you contact Century for that but no idea what they will tell you. When I asked for information regarding my WASR's serial and manufacturing details, they didn't / wouldn't give much.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I just emailed Century Arms Support with my question and serial number. Hope they respond.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My c39v2 has an x on the carrier serial #12xxx only 120rds. There's a guy that'll recently bought one on akfiles serial # 13xxx and he's already had to send it back...only 300rds through it.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreticle View Post
    New member here. I am not new to the AK platform. I got out of the AK game a while ago but found a C93v2 for a very good price locally and decided to buy it. I had read some of the initial reviews when it was released and those looked good enough so I purchased it based on the information I had at the time.

Like many people do I went home and got online to check the reviews and so on regarding my new purchase. I was disappointed to see that there have been reports of premature wear on the bolts and bolt carriers in some rifles. I also see other reviews of rifles with no appreciable wear even when shot suppressed. I was concerned enough to even consider selling the rifle at a loss to put my mind at ease.

I decided to keep it and take my chances. I may purchase a Polish bolt and carrier and have them fitted as added "insurance". I will run it as is and see what happens.

The fit and finish of these rifles is really great. I know these do not effect the functionality or reliability one bit but they matter to me to a certain degree. The trigger is excellent compared to other the AKs I have owned in the past (Norinco, WASR, Vepr, Arsenal, M70) and the smooth action is really nice and the Green Mountain barrel has a lot of promise in that milled receiver.

I really want to keep this rifle and have confidence in it. Shooting it will tell me if I made a mistake or not.

So..........my question is does anyone know what the serial number range is for the rifles that have had issues? I looked at my bolt carrier and do not see an X that I have heard about where Century supposedly updated the heat treating on the parts.

My rifle's serial # is in the 11,000 range. I am hoping that mine is one of the later ones that is not cursed.

If anyone knows let me know please.

Before

After. It now has the MI/US Palm topcover for the Aimpoint Micro and a PA Advanced micro dot sight on it.
    You won't find any serial number ranges. Because the issue seems to be hit and miss. Same thing with the C39 V1 some had too soft bolt carriers, the only thing Century could do is start marking bolt carriers with an "X" that they knew were heat treated properly.
    ltcfb118 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    mine is a 15XXX

Got 360 rounds so far, no issues. Plenty of fun and accurate enough to ping the steel!
    Aslan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I too am new to the forum and recently purchased C39v2. I did not want a stamped AK but rather a milled, so this was a great choice for me. I previously owned a Norinco and an SKS. I am an avid collector of military arms, mostly US. This gun is well made in fit and finish. It goes bang when you pull the trigger. I have not fired for zero as yet but look forward to putting some more rounds down range. The comparable Arsenal comes in at 1600.00. I paid 799.00 for the C39v2. Very happy.
    Last edited by ltcfb118; 05-02-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    Aslan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo_75 View Post
    My c39v2 has an x on the carrier serial #12xxx only 120rds. There's a guy that'll recently bought one on akfiles serial # 13xxx and he's already had to send it back...only 300rds through it.
    There are some down right scary pictures out there of the bolts . Some of them look like they were chewed on.
    Keep an eye on the wear. Inspect and clean it....take a picture of it now for a reference....You should know pretty quick if you got a Lemmon.
    worst case you get a polish bolt for it if you don't want to deal with century.
    Last edited by Pug face; 05-02-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My C39V2 came with serial number 128XX. Got curious and emailed Century Arms. They came right back with a December 2015 manufacture date. Hope that helps. (Bought mine at Cabela's - got a nice price break for being a vet).

No problems so far with the bolt and carrier. The entire gun looks and works very well. Didn't know about the "X" on the carrier. Guess I'll break it down and see if I can find an X on it somewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I got a response from Century today.

Robert Pittman
    (Century Arms)

May 3, 10:25
    Good morning,
    If you do not see the "x" marking it is because it was covered during the heat treating process
    ltcfb118 and KOTOC-79 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreticle View Post
    I got a response from Century today.

Robert Pittman
    (Century Arms)

May 3, 10:25
    Good morning,
    If you do not see the "x" marking it is because it was covered during the heat treating process
    Guess that means you're good to go. Mine only has 180 rds through it but no damage as of yet. Was dead on accurate right out of the box.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is anyone having any success with replacing the BCG? If so, what are you all using?
    "Fucking with my money is like fucking with my emotions."
    -General George Washington (Addressing the 2nd Continental Congress).

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    mine continues to be a shredder. only complaint i have at all is its heavy-ish. However i knew that going in with a milled gun. Can't speak for anyone else's experience, but i have zero regrets and love the friggin thing.
    fuzzyreticle likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors