TWS Gen 3 dog leg?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anti-

Thread: TWS Gen 3 dog leg?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TWS Gen 3 dog leg?

Anyone have strong opinions on the gen 3 dog leg dust cover w/pic rail from TWS for the C39V2? Watched AKOU's youtube video, and it seemed to be 'inconclusive' for the time being. I didn't feel like waiting for the C39V3, only to be forced to use CAI's proprietary scope mount. Hoping TWS is a viable option. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I can't say anything about the gen 3 but my original 32310 model is solid as a rock and hold zero with no problem. I have opened and closed it many times for cleaning and it still on the money.
    Sticks and bike locks may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dots View Post
    I can't say anything about the gen 3 but my original 32310 model is solid as a rock and hold zero with no problem. I have opened and closed it many times for cleaning and it still on the money.
    Glad to hear it, and thanks for the reply. I don't plan on shooting beyond 150 yards up in Maine, anyway. The gen3s are about $170, but I figure putting a side rail on would run about the same or higher.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tusk23456 View Post
    Glad to hear it, and thanks for the reply. I don't plan on shooting beyond 150 yards up in Maine, anyway. The gen3s are about $170, but I figure putting a side rail on would run about the same or higher.
    My side rail mount was 60 bucks and works perfectly. The only thing that might be an issue with anyone is it's heavy.

Kalinka BP-02 Universal Ultra Low Profile Centered Side Mount to Weaver Rail w/ Black Finish

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I run it on my V2. Haven't had a single problem with it, returns to dead nuts zero every time I take it off.

GOPR0589.jpg

GOPR0591.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I only have 100 rounds with it so far, but i like it. Even the peep sight is nice vs standard sight.
    i did have to bend the angled in piece out slightly to get it to close all of the way, not a big deal but it scratched up the TWS cover and receiver.

20160520_222238.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    What's the difference between gen2 and gen3? I have a gen1 and I'm very happy with it.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by endoh View Post
    What's the difference between gen2 and gen3? I have a gen1 and I'm very happy with it.
    gen 3 is basically the same design as gen 2, but the gen 3 has thicker aluminum, quick detach front hinge with a takedown pin to remove the top cover, and the rail sits a little bit higher to accommodate more quick detach mounts. i think about .090" taller.
    otus likes this.

Sponsors